Military Families

Newborn Photos

If everything goes according to plan, this will be our only Navy baby (my husband's contract is up soonish!) and I want to work that into her newborn photos. 

I've found a couple cute ideas on Pinterest, but was wondering, do you ladies have any ideas (or photos for inspiration!) to share??

Thanks so much!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newborn Photos

• They have some baby outfits at the NEX here, like a crackerjack onesie and some outfits in the digi camo, and some bears wearing the digi camo. They have them on the NEX website, too. Also some "future sailor" onesies and other stuff like that. There are girl-styles - I think a digi camo dress.

That's not really creative... We didn't do any Navy-related pics, only Hawaii pics since DS was born in Hawaii.

• Check etsy if you want cute headbands/props. Other than pinterest thats all I got :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies!!

...I can't believe I didn't think to get her something in camo!!  I think I'll be taking a trip to the NEX in the next few days :)

• I don't know if this would work for you, but I just saw the cutest Army baby birth announcement while in my OB's waiting room.  The baby was sleeping, mostly covered in one of the parent's ACU jacket with the name tape visible, and the patrol cap (I think that's what they're called?) sort of sitting on the LO's head.  I may not be describing it very well, but at the time it hit all the Awwsocute buttons for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMiahT:
    I don't know if this would work for you, but I just saw the cutest Army baby birth announcement while in my OB's waiting room.  The baby was sleeping, mostly covered in one of the parent's ACU jacket with the name tape visible, and the patrol cap (I think that's what they're called?) sort of sitting on the LO's head.  I may not be describing it very well, but at the time it hit all the Awwsocute buttons for me.

My hubby is Navy, but his NWUs look the same! :) Thank you so much for the idea!! 

• I know I am somewhat of a minimalist when it comes to newborn photos, but I really hate the "baby in camo" pictures.  I find them over-done and (zipping up flame suit) on the tacky side.

I guess I just don't see the big attraction of putting our kids in uniform/costume when they are 8 pounds.  THey can't carry all of the weight of ACUs, hats, boots, dog tags, etc.  I just find that it really takes away from the baby.

We did one picture when DD was a baby that I thought was cute and showed the military portion of our life without being heavy and distracting.  Here is the picture:

Keep it simple.  I'm sure your baby is beautiful and the best newborn photos are the ones with no theme.  Just sweet baby on soft blanket taken by a talented photographer. 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• My cousin got some photos like this. One is of her daughter in her husband's big pocket in his camo. That one's my favorite. She also has some with her with dog tags and with a sailor hat. Also, a patriotic outfit. They took some with her just in an American flag skirt. All adorable. And everything was worked in in a way that didn't take away from the baby. Of course you'll be able to take photos without such props as well.
  • Thanks so much Ladies! :)

And Sweetpea... I LOVE that photo! Beautiful!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"