October 2011 Moms

C25k girls...

How are you doing? Are you noticing a difference yet?

I finished week 2 day 3 this morning and I feel good, my legs are a little sore. I can already see a difference in my body though and this is keeping me motivated.

Tell me how you are doing!
photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: C25k girls...

• I'm not doing as well as you, unfortunately!  I did all three days last week, plus a day of weightlifting in the gym. But I have only done one day this week, so far-work has been crazy for me.  But, I can still get in the other two days this week since I have until Saturday.  I am feeling better about myself, though, and feeling the good burn in my legs and abs, but I don't see a difference in my body yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't even started it up again. I really need to get going. You might be giving me the push I need. I really don't like my body lately.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekagl08:
    I haven't even started it up again. I really need to get going. You might be giving me the push I need. I really don't like my body lately.

This. I have switched my eating habits to healthier foods though and even without exercising have noticed a difference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I took last week off. I had a bad sinus infection, and it just wasn't going to happen. I am on week 3 day 3. I have to work a ball game tonight, so won't get it in tonight, so maybe tomorrow I can. I'm actually feeling good. The running sucks, but it's not as bad as it was the first week. Now I need to get me eating habits lined up! Tuesday as I was running, I nearly sent a text to DH to throw the leftover birthday cake away so I wouldn't eat it later. Lol. I am having some issues with ankle and knee pain. My sister, who is a PT, told me I need good shoes with support since I have flat feet and that since I have no support, it's hurting my ankles which can cause knee pain. So, I've been running with some pain, but I'm not giving up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemorsey2011:
    I took last week off. I had a bad sinus infection, and it just wasn't going to happen. I am on week 3 day 3. I have to work a ball game tonight, so won't get it in tonight, so maybe tomorrow I can. I'm actually feeling good. The running sucks, but it's not as bad as it was the first week. Now I need to get me eating habits lined up! Tuesday as I was running, I nearly sent a text to DH to throw the leftover birthday cake away so I wouldn't eat it later. Lol. I am having some issues with ankle and knee pain. My sister, who is a PT, told me I need good shoes with support since I have flat feet and that since I have no support, it's hurting my ankles which can cause knee pain. So, I've been running with some pain, but I'm not giving up.

I have flat feet too and my right knee is sore. I tried a different pair of running shoes today and it felt good while I was running but it is sore now. Yay for not giving up!
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:
    I took last week off. I had a bad sinus infection, and it just wasn't going to happen. I am on week 3 day 3. I have to work a ball game tonight, so won't get it in tonight, so maybe tomorrow I can. I'm actually feeling good. The running sucks, but it's not as bad as it was the first week. Now I need to get me eating habits lined up! Tuesday as I was running, I nearly sent a text to DH to throw the leftover birthday cake away so I wouldn't eat it later. Lol. I am having some issues with ankle and knee pain. My sister, who is a PT, told me I need good shoes with support since I have flat feet and that since I have no support, it's hurting my ankles which can cause knee pain. So, I've been running with some pain, but I'm not giving up.
    I have flat feet too and my right knee is sore. I tried a different pair of running shoes today and it felt good while I was running but it is sore now. Yay for not giving up!

What kind of shoes are you wearing? A lady I work with told me Asics (sp) was the best. Or New Balance. I need to buy a new pair, but not sure when I'm going to get a chance to go shopping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemorsey2011:

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:

What kind of shoes are you wearing? A lady I work with told me Asics (sp) was the best. Or New Balance. I need to buy a new pair, but not sure when I'm going to get a chance to go shopping.

Both pairs I have are New Balance but I used to wear Asics back in the day when I ran track in HS and they were the best.  I may have to buy a new pair.

• imageElsa1984:
    imagekagl08:
    I haven't even started it up again. I really need to get going. You might be giving me the push I need. I really don't like my body lately.

This. I have switched my eating habits to healthier foods though and even without exercising have noticed a difference.

I have switched eating habits and cut down on coke and I have noticed a huge difference so far. I think overall I'm happy with my weight but I really need to tone. Running is the only thing that helps. Now if only I could find the motivation.
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:

Both pairs I have are New Balance but I used to wear Asics back in the day when I ran track in HS and they were the best.  I may have to buy a new pair.

I know I don't post here often, but I wanted to add that the "best" brand/style of shoes is the one that fit YOU.  I mean, with the exception of non true running shoes like Sketchers or some crap like that.  Brooks, Asics, New Balance, any reputable running shoe.  Everyone has a different gait and a different foot and the perfect shoe for me might cause you pain.  I highly recommend going to a specialty running store (not like ***'s or Sports Authority, they'll just ask what color you want) who will look at your feet and gait and help you find a pair of shoes that will work best for you.  I had been wearing one style of Asics and was having foot pain.  They recommended a different style and I've had no problems since.  

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:

I HIGHLY recommended finding a good running company and getting fitted for shoes.  When I ran a half marathon on '08 I did this and it was a life saver.  Also, you should replace your shoes after 300 miles.
  • imageras26:
    imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagemorsey2011:

I know I don't post here often, but I wanted to add that the "best" brand/style of shoes is the one that fit YOU.  I mean, with the exception of non true running shoes like Sketchers or some crap like that.  Brooks, Asics, New Balance, any reputable running shoe.  Everyone has a different gait and a different foot and the perfect shoe for me might cause you pain.  I highly recommend going to a specialty running store (not like ***'s or Sports Authority, they'll just ask what color you want) who will look at your feet and gait and help you find a pair of shoes that will work best for you.  I had been wearing one style of Asics and was having foot pain.  They recommended a different style and I've had no problems since.  

This is very true! They were the best shoes for me at the time and I was fitted for them at a running store. I need to find a new specialty store in my area and get a new pair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"