February 2013 Moms

Was anyone else scared for their anatomy scan?

My scan is tomorrow and I couldn't be more nervous...I know it is normal not to have an ultrasound in between the first one and the anatomy scan, but last time I saw my LO he or she was just a jelly bean!  I feel some movement, but not consistent enough that I could keep track of it or anything like that...I am just so nervous that I will go in there tomorrow and something will be wrong :(  Am I being silly, or did you ladies experience this?
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Was anyone else scared for their anatomy scan?

• Oh my goodness, I was SO nervous.  To make matters worse, apparently my OB's office never sent the ultrasound place the results of my quad screen.  So after a presumably normal ultrasound, we were waiting for the doctor to come talk to us, when the tech pokes her head back into the room and asks if we ever got the results of the quad screen.

When I said no, she said she just needed to call my OB's office to get the results (with no further explanation or reassurance that the ultrasound looked ok), at which point I am completely freaking out, thinking something is horribly wrong.  Of course, nothing was wrong, the quad screen came back totally normal, and baby looked perfectly healthy in the ultrasound, they just didn't want to definitively say everything looked good without knowing the quad screen results.  But it was seriously the longest 5 minutes of my life!!

• I was, but I've also had two miscarriages that were discovered via ultrasounds, so ultrasounds in general scare the pants off me. I took a zofran prior to my A/S because I was so nervous I thought I was going to hurl.

I think it's normal to be nervous, and want everything to look okay with your baby. I hope everything looks great tomorrow :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, I'm way freaked out! We still have a week and a half to wait. We never had an initial ultrasound and opted not to do any genetic tests, so this will be the first time we get to see baby and also (hopefully) the first confirmation that everything is progressing normally and baby is healthy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was nervous that something would be wrong too.  I think that it is pretty normal to be a little nervous.  Just don't let it overshadow the excitement for you.  Chances are in your favor for getting good news tomorrow :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • I just had mine yesterday and I was super nervous!  Everything was just fine though.
  • I was so nervous at mine! Turns out baby was great! and a wiggle worm
  • I was terrified.  I got myself so worked up and was so emotional all week.  Turned out great and I had a wonderful technician who explained everything to me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have mine tomorrow too and am so nervous/excited. To make matters worse I threw my back out today and my husband is freaking me out that it could mean that there is something wrong. I told him not to worry and everything should be fine, but I currently can't move :( 
  • I am so excited but I am also so nervous too!  I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks, and I haven't seen the LO since then either.  I can't wait to see what he/she looks like as an actual baby and not just a blob on the screen!  But I have the same fears that I'm nervous something is wrong.  Saturday can't come soon enough!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was terrified! I hadn't seen her since 7 weeks and was so relieved after it was over
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been nervous for all 3 of my PG's and a/s, I think its totally normal! You're just concerned for the well being of your LO.
  • I was nervous but mostly because my husband works in the same department where I was having it done.  All of his co-workers were dying to know the sex so they were hanging out nearby waiting to hear.  I was so nervous something would be wrong and then we would have to walk out the door to an excited crowd waiting for us.  Instead, the little one was onry and wouldn't show us hardly anything, not even a face shot.  I get to go back next week and try again.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• I have my anatomy scan this Friday, and I tell you what, I am completely terrified that something will be wrong. I always feel like this every time I go to the OB just because I had a miscarriage a couple of years ago, and no children besides LO I am carrying, so hell yes I am scared! haha. You're not being silly at all. It just shows you care about your LO even though you haven't seen him or her yet!!
  • I was calm as a cucumber until right before the ultrasound and then all of a sudden I was totally nervous, palms sweating and everything. I was nervous that everything would going to look OK but I think I was also nervous about seeing a real looking baby in there (the last ultrasound had was at 6 wks). I knew it was going to make it real. It's so amazing though, to see your baby looking like a baby and wiggling around, I even shed a little tear when they told us it was a boy!
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Thank you so much, ladies! I am still nervous, but I feel better knowing I am not alone/ crazy.  Good luck to any other women having theirs' this week or next!!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• I was pretty nervous too, but as soon as you see your little one, all the worries go away (until you wait for the doctor to call with the results!). 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrs.A&J:
    Oh, I'm way freaked out! We still have a week and a half to wait. We never had an initial ultrasound and opted not to do any genetic tests, so this will be the first time we get to see baby and also (hopefully) the first confirmation that everything is progressing normally and baby is healthy.

This is how I was. And then at the scan the monitor they have set up for you to see everything was BROKEN!! Lucky, the tech was awesome and moved everything so I could see. DH stood behind her with this huge grin on his face the hole time.

• Yes! I was so scared that we were going to find out something was wrong.  We found out everything looks great though!  Hope it's the same for you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was absolutely terrified.  I just lost a baby at 14 weeks due to a genetic abnormality, and I just knew something was wrong. it wasn't, but still, I wasn't freaking out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"