Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Gosh you'd think FF is simple enough, right?

We feed on demand til he seems satisfied. Im not sure exactly how much LO weighs but I think its like 16 pounds. He eats 4 oz at a time- I have no idea how many times a day. He eats more at night, sometimes even 7 oz in an hour. I usually know when it's time to move up an ounce and I dont feel it yet (at least not for the daytime).

Hes averaging 27 ounces a day this week, and 25 last week. Ive read that LOs should get 2.5 ounces per pound per day. Thats 40 for us! Hes not close to that but you can see in my siggy that he is a chunky monkey

So do our numbers sound normal? Does it sound like he should be getting more?

eta: ah sorry. I cant even say how long we go between feedings. Sometimes 1.5 hours sometime 3-4.

Re: Gosh you'd think FF is simple enough, right?

• Our little guy also only eats around 25oz per day. There is a broad range of normal. As long as he is consistently gaining you don't have to worry. I used to obsess over how much DS was eating and why he wasn't eating as much as other babies but he has always been in the 50th percentileperfectly averagefor height and weight so I have chosen not to worry about it until he is no longer gaining weight properly.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's 2.5 oz per lb until a max of 32 oz. So no one would expect him to drink 40. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • our LO gets 5 7oz bottles a day - so she's generally getting between 30 and 35oz a day - and at almost 5 months weighs in at 15.5lbs!
  • imagejuliane2004:
    It's 2.5 oz per lb until a max of 32 oz. So no one would expect him to drink 40. :)

Thanks for the clarification because dang :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"