October 2012 Moms

Rude comment!

I haven't indulged in my favorite foods the entire pregnancy. I am due in 4 days and thought it would be ok to have chips and guacamole. My hub decides to make this comment, "shouldn't you be eating something healthier?"

Are you kidding me!? My hormones are raging and I'm sensitive about my body right now. What a brat!

Re: Rude comment!

• How rude! I had a customer a couple nights ago ask for assistance in lifting an item and she said, "We need someone bigger...not you...but someone who can lift an item off the shelf." Really lady?! I mean I am already a bigger girl but poor choice of words!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • no offense- avocado is healthy
  • Loading the player...
  • I would have ordered a double and then gotten dessert! I love guacamole and it is healthy. Might have to get some for lunch now.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Avacados are a super food. Your H is a douche.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Your h would have been horrified to see some of the junk I ate during pregnancy if he thinks chips and guac is bad :
  • Chip and guacamole?? Please...that's hardly "bad", especially for a pregnant woman.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs_Lady:
    no offense- avocado is healthy

This

• I'd have smacked DH over a comment like that, although he was constnatly telling me I should eat healthier.  It's hard, especially when lettuce still makes my skin crawl! 

We went out to Friday night and I was talking about how much I loved their pizza skins in college when we'd go to happy hour, and I went to the bathroom with DD1 and he had ordered them for me.  He doesn't like sour cream or mashed potatoes (and neither does DD1), so it was clearly for me!  I think he was worried because I told him I lost 2lbs at my doctors appointment!

• yeah, there's no reason you can't eat guacamole. It's actually one of the best foods going - pregnant or no. i LOVE guac. I make it just about every week. In fact, I need to grab some lemons before I come home tonight so I can make a fresh batch.
  • my H MADE us guac at 10:30 PM last night!

• imageMrs_Lady:
    no offense- avocado is healthy

This was honestly my first thought, too!  Give that baby those healthy fats!!

Plus guacamole is awesome.

• I feel your pain. My DH constantly makes comments like, do you really need that cookie? I've only gained 30 pounds and it really, really pisses me off. He's a complete health nut and this has been a bone of contention my entire pregnancy. He's gotten better but sometimes I literally have to yell at him about it!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• WTH is wrong with guacomole? Avocado is a great food to eat and tortilla chips can be a healthy snack too. I'd tell him to go shove it.
  • imagelady dixneuf:
    my H MADE us guac at 10:30 PM last night!

Can you send him to my house??? LOL My hubby hates it, and I hate making it! ;) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"