3rd Trimester

who dolled up before going to the hospital!? :o)

just trying to see how many of you did y'all's makeup and whatnot before going to L&D! haha i know some of you are like no way, i don't care what i look like! but some others like to look good for the cameras! i personally would just like some foundation on for the pictures hahaha :P
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: who dolled up before going to the hospital!? :o)

• I don't know about makeup, but I have been shaving my legs twice a day, just in case. lol... I hate it when people touch my legs and it's prickly, so embarrassing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm at first time mom, but that's a good thing to think about. LOL :P Not sure what to expect when I'm actually in labor and told to go to the hospital, but I'm "guessing" that I will at least brush/fix my hair. LOL 
  • Loading the player...
  • maybe not make up - but definitely good hair (I've been washing and straightening every other day just in case!) and definitely shaving my legs every other day, as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRochell:

maybe not make up - but definitely good hair (I've been washing and straightening every other day just in case!) and definitely shaving my legs every other day, as well.

hair! it's a must for me. if anything is gonna make  difference for my pictures. it's my hair.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Make up was the last thing on my mind going into my induction. I was too excited and nervous to be having a baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If I'm not running around freaking out that I'm going to have a baby within 24 hours, I think I might take a shower and just do my eyeliner and mascara and straighten my hair (if I have time that is lol). More than likely, I'll have to wait at least an hour for my husband to get home from work to come pick me up to go to the hospital, so I'll more than likely have enough time to shower and doll myself up lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did a very basic makeup with DD1. I do recommend lipstick though. Same reason they say to bring chapstick. It is cool and dry in LD.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I made my husband grab my bag so I could 'fix up' before pushing! Also quickly brushed my teeth. I told him I wanted to be pretty and have nice breath before meeting my son :

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • I didn't think about it last time and didn't bring any with me. I may bring a little bit this time though. 
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • After my water broke I took a shower, shaved my legs, did my hair and makeup. Figured I had the time so why not. After delivery I showered did my hair and makeup again before visitors and pictures.
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    Make up was the last thing on my mind going into my induction. I was too excited and nervous to be having a baby.

This was me exactly when I had DS. I had an OB apt in the morning and he called me that afternoon and said to come in around 9 that night to start being monitored for induction. This time though having a RCS I will be doing my hair the night before and doing light makeup that morning. I don't want to look like crayons barfed on my face which I don't wear it heavy anyway b/c they'll make me wash it off in the OR. But like a pp said, hair will definitely make the difference. Between a night of no sleep, not caring to run a brush through my hair and a rough c/s I looked like death warmed over.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I didnt go all out with foundation or anything, but I did fix up my hair and wash up and put on eye makeup and lip gloss. I also brought facewash wipes and mouthwash with me so I could periodically freshen up while I was stuck in bed with the epidural. I didnt want to feel all gross and oily and my mouth to feel yucky while I was laying there :) I am sure I will do the same again this time, if I have time :)
  • heck no! :) i only wear mascara and occasionally some eyeliner but i plan on washing it off (if i have it on) before i head to the birth center. 

i want to do a water birth and definitely don't want to be dealing with makeup running down my face or getting in my eyes!!

• Yep, i was one of the ones that did. BUT, I learned from it. My labor was about 23 hours total. When my water broke, I took a shower and straightened my hair. My hair was long so it took about 45 minutes to do. I also put on some makeup. By the time I delivered, my straightened hair had been covered in so much sweat that it went back to its curly state, and when the sweat dried, it turned into a curly unruly puffy mess! Oh and my makeup, no makeup in sight. So much for being prepared for pictures. I had sweated/cryed all of my makeup off.

Would I do it again based on what happened the first time? Yes, but I would alter things. First, I would make sure if I did my makeup, I used waterproof stuff, and I wouldn't use much, just in case it came off anyhow. Hair, I think I would just slick it back and use maximum strength hairspray to make sure it won't move. Forget straightening, I took too much time doing it for it to just revert back to its natural state.

• imageRochell:

maybe not make up - but definitely good hair (I've been washing and straightening every other day just in case!) and definitely shaving my legs every other day, as well.

If you sweat at all like I did while in labor, you will just end up with a frizz ball after a long labor (if you have curly hair naturally)... I don't know why I bothered, but I guess I had no idea.

• If I go into labour at home and I feel up to it, I plan on having a shower at least. I can spruce up after delivery :)
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I had a doctor appt on a Friday morning at 9am at the hosptial. I did my normal morning routin (shower, shaved legs and down there) knowing that I might not be leaving without a baby. My pre-e had gotten out of control & I was induced that afternoon at 3pm. at 4pm the next afternoon I was whisked into the OR as my baby was getting distressed... so... anything I did was long gone well over 24 hours after getting to the hosptial! not worth getting all done up IMO. No matter what you will be working and sweating for hours and hours... and maybe more hours... Big Smile
  • I'm having a c-section, so will be doing my hair and wearing light makeup that morning.  I figure these are pictures that will forever be looked at, so why not try to look decent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • My water broke at 3am so I looked pretty crappy. Since I felt fine and wasn't having any contractions, I straightened my hair, did my makeup, shaved under my arms and put on deoderant. I am pretty low maintenance so it took me all but 15 minutes, but still I felt a little more presentable so that was nice.

• I did with both pg's and I kind of regret it both times.  With my first, I didn't know I was in labor so I just put on makeup like normal.  Unfortunately, by the time DS1 was born I had a ton of mascara under my eyes and look terrible.

With my twins I was having a scheduled c/s so I figured I'd be safe from sweating or anything like that.  I guess the shock from the drugs, being cut open, and having 2 babies pulled out of me really screwed up my coloring.  My face was white as a ghost, but I was wearing bold lipstick and look kind of goth-ish. 

My advice would be to skip anything dark/bold and try to stay as natural as possible.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"