3rd Trimester

So ummm, hemorrhoids. Yeah.

Anybody have 'em?  

Methods to get rid of them?  

I have one tiny one but I am afraid of it getting worse.

I already drink a shitton of water.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So ummm, hemorrhoids. Yeah.

• yes i have them and all i can do is pray to not get any more lol

it's from the pressure...etc ...nothing can be done at this point =/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Witch Hazel or Tucks wipes... Doesn't make them "go away" but helps with the pain and burning.  They will heal themselves (eventually) but you'll have new ones by that point.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have them. I had them with my first pregnancy too, they went away a little bit after delivery, and didn't come back until this pregnancy. I'm sorry to tell you, but they are probably going to get worse before they get better. I would recommend asking your dr/mw about a stool softener, since straining for a bowel movement will definitely make them worse. Eat a lot of fiber, drink a lot of water. I also bought some witch hazel (super cheap at Target) and I put a little in my baths as well as sometimes soaking a cotton ball in it and using that to help reduce the swelling. Other than that, I don't think there is really a "cure" other than not having the pressure on your body from the baby. Hopefully they will go away for you after you deliver. Good luck, I feel your pain!
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • I was just about to post about this.  I see blood every so often in my stool.  My stool isn't hard.  I even increased my fiber to assist with it.  It only happens every so often... hope this doesn't stay!
  • Yes, no fun at all :(  Got them after my daughter and dealt with them for months before they actually kind of went away for a long time.  Within the last month, they came back.  My new OB gave me an RX for suppositories that work on the actual problem, the hemorrhoid blood source.  They have made a real difference for me.  And up water and fiber :)  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • blah, i have one that showed up at the beginning of my pregnancy and just didn't want to go away! ugh, it's so gross and uncomfortable when going to the bathroom, but i heard hemmies usually go away after delivery. i've heard drinking lots of water, sitz baths, and witch hazel works well. i personally have just given up until my LO is born lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I have it and get worse when I have constipation.  I'm now using Preparation H 3-4 times a day especially after BM.  My MFM doc also prescribed me stool softener high dose.  Plus, psyllium powder and lots of water and lots of veggies and fresh fruit.  So far, it's working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah I have one starting beginning of my third trimester.  I was never even constipated so it's just the pressure.  I doesn't hurt or anything so I just use Prep-H and hope I do not get anymore.  I'm just hoping with all the pushing during delivery I won't get any more!
  • I've had this problem about 4 weeks ago. My OB told me to start doing the following:

1. Take MiraLAX 1 time a day mixed with tea, water, or orange juice.

2. Take a stool softener with docusate sodium 100mg as the active ingredient. I take 2-3 tablets at bedtime.

3. Use Tucks pads after going to the bathroom or any wipe with witch hazel.

I do this routine for 1 week then skip a week. I swear by this!! I've not had hemorrhoids or constipation since I started doing this!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageLadynikon:
    I was just about to post about this.  I see blood every so often in my stool.  My stool isn't hard.  I even increased my fiber to assist with it.  It only happens every so often... hope this doesn't stay!

Try Calmol 4. They can be hard to find at big chain drugstores, but for whatever reason mom and pop pharmacies tend to carry this. They don't contain the harsh chemicals found in other similar meds and help a lot with the blood issue.

TTC since 8/10.Hypothyroidism, put on Synthroid. Clomid 50 mg + IUI Oct '11 = BFN. HSG found blocked tube Nov '11. Lap + Hysteroscopy to remove tube and fix septum Dec '11. Cancelled following cycle due to lack of response to Clomid. Jan/Feb '12 Clomid 100mg + Folllitism + HSG + Vivelle Dot + IUI #2 = BFN. 3/30/12: Natural Cycle BFP - beta 59 @ 12dpo, beta 286 @ 16dpo Baby boy arrived 12/8/12!
  • imagegraciesmurf:
    Witch Hazel or Tucks wipes... Doesn't make them "go away" but helps with the pain and burning.  They will heal themselves (eventually) but you'll have new ones by that point.

Yep. And in the hospital be prepared for the nurses to turn you over and check out your ass for hemorrhoids too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I just had my thrombosed hemorrhoid removed today.

Sorry if this is TMI... I have a horrid gauge for TMI. I love icky details. LOL!

We did witch hazel and sitz baths when it was still a soft puffy hemorrhoid. And my DH was sweet enough to also help me wipe the "klingons" with baby wipes. I noticed however that although the swelling had gone down... I still had a hard bump that wasn't going away. (about 3 or so months after it originally showed up) Research pointed to it being thrombosed... blood clots yay! Getting the clots removed wasn't so bad. I found a video of the procedure so I knew what to expect. The shot is definitely the worst part of the whole thing. I had to get a second shot because my first one wore off. The surgeon was working fast too! Just lots of clots in there.

Like you mine was actually not that big. Like I wanna say a big blueberry when it was puffy and an average blueberry after it hardened. I didn't have any constipation either so unfortunately stool softeners would not have helped me. Yours might shrink and recede back, but it may clot like mine. Once it clots my doctors said removal is the best option because it most likely won't reabsorb into your body.

Good luck! Just keep track of it and don't be afraid/embarrassed to show your booty bump to your doctor! =D 

• imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

Yep. And in the hospital be prepared for the nurses to turn you over and check out your ass for hemorrhoids too.

What? Why?! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"