December 2012 Moms
Options

AW: Hit the jackpot with cousin's gift today.

So my cousin whom I don't see that much showed up at a family BBQ with tons of clothes and for us today.  She has one little girl who she really spoils because she knows she will be the only child because of fertility issues and life circumstances.  Anyway, I haven't even spoken to her since finding out I was pregnant and she shows up with all this stuff.  Most of it, her little girl only wore once.  Lot's of Carters, Gymboree, etc... The best part? It looks like it's never been used.  She even ironed it all (who does that?)  and had it separated by outfit and pinned together.  She also gave us lots of swaddle blankets, bibs, socks, burp cloths, a wipe warmer, etc... Just felt like sharing because it will be a huge help to us and was such a generous thing to do when she probably could have made some money back by reselling them. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker

Re: AW: Hit the jackpot with cousin's gift today.

• Options
    that's an amazing gift, what a great cousin!
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    That is a great gift and lots of thought put into putting the outfits together!

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your cousin must be really excited and anxious on your behalf. That was how I felt with a good college friend's preg a few years ago and threw my efforts into making things instead of hounding her to see how things were going.

Your LO and her daughter could be raised as quasi sisters. That is how I am considering some of my friends kids because we are all fairly certain we each will only go for one. Could take some vacations together and do play get togethers from time to time.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awww, how sweet! :) What a great gift!

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome! I've gotten lucky and had some friends who were selling off their baby girl clothes that are all name brand and some still had tags on! I did have to buy them, but at $2 for a complete Baby Gap outfit (socks and all) that was worn once, can't beat it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"