January 2013 Moms

FINALLY making some progress on getting the nursery set up!

I know DH didn't really understand how long it would take us (and why I wanted to start in August) but we're finally getting somewhere!  We got his desk moved out of the office, now we just have to get all of his stuff out to it and move my desk, then we can get the guest bed OUT of the nursery and into the guest room/office.  YAY!  Still lots to do, but it feels like the first big hurdle is out of the way!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FINALLY making some progress on getting the nursery set up!

• Congrats!! I can understand what a relief this is- DH took quite a bit of encouragement to start ours. 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Us too! I put the crib together and today we went to ikea to buy the dresser. It is halfway done. I am so excited to make it look like a real room!
    Anniversary

\

• Loading the player...
  • imageAlexandra0223:
    Us too! I put the crib together and today we went to ikea to buy the dresser. It is halfway done. I am so excited to make it look like a real room!

SO jealous!  I think we're still two weeks or so away from being ready to buy/setup furniture. ;)  I guess I should see if my Ikea has the one I want in stock!

I'm hoping that by end of day Saturday we'll have everything OUT of the nursery that doesn't belong there.  Then comes painting + refinishing the HW floor.  I'm really hoping we can get it all done by the end of October.  Then all we'll have to do is buy/setup furniture.  Plus my shower is 11/10 and I'd like to be able to put baby stuff in the baby's room!

• Yippee! We have the same due date and we finally painted the room today! The changing table is already assembled so we put that up. Next week the wallpaper and crib goes up! Cngrats on your progress!

• Progress is progress! We went to IKEA toda to buy a secretary desk to put our computer in since these LO's are taking the office and the computer is going into the living room.  

Hoping next weekend is painting!

GL to you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • That's great! DH started painting the nursery over the weekend, is kind of hard because it was DS's nursery so all the furniture is in there and he's working around it

Anyhow the first wall is done and I just LOVE the color!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Congrats on all your progress!! DH and I finished cleaning out the room and he built the crib yesterday. It's so exciting to finally have baby furniture in that room!
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We cleaned out the nursery last weekend but DH wants to paint our master bedroom before starting on the nursery... We probably won't start on the nursery until the 1st of November... Our crib is scheduled to arrive mid-November to mid-December so we have time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So excited!! We've got so much junk to get out of our nursery right now, but we're kind of at a standstill until the shower which is stressing me out. We have a double bed in there still but I need it for a guest who is traveling so I can't take it out yet, and were also storing a lot of the shower favours and decor and stuff in there too. We have the room decorated and the crib set up and I've started to get the closet organized, but that's all I can do for now. I really want to buy the rest of the furniture and get it out of the way! I'm trying to focus my energies on organizing the rest of the house instead.
  • I completely understand! We finally painted ours yesterday, so now I feel like I can really get in there and get stuff done. But there was a TON of moving stuff and reorganizing that had to take place, and that part was just NO FUN. It's so exciting to finally be working on actual baby stuff! Congrats on getting the ball rolling!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on all the progress! What's the next step in your set-up?

We picked up the crib mattress and I did some organizing in babies room on Sunday. I took the piles of clothing we have been given or purchased and divided it all out by size to see exactly what we had vs what we will need more of. For right now, seems like we are doing pretty well and we have a shower to look forward too as well. Our next step will be figuring out decor. I would kind of like to have it mostly decorated before our shower on November 10 since the shower will be at our house and I'm sure family and friends would get a kick out of seeing the nursery.

• Next steps:

Get DH's desk drawers and desk crap out to his desk

Move my desk to other side of office

Move guest bed to office

Get rid of crappy old dresser + 27" tube TV

Empty closet

Fix/retexture walls + paint

Refinish hardwood floors

Once all of those things are done THEN we'll be ready for furniture.  Oiy.  We're getting a crib, ikea expedit bookcase (to make into a dresser/bookshelf/toy holder and changing table) and a glider/recliner.  I think that's all for furniture.  I'm really hoping we can get the desks situated, bed moved and TV/dresser out by Sunday.  Then in my dream world, we would do the walls 10/13-14, work on the floors 10/20-21 (and the next weekend if needed).  Then get furniture in early November.  At the very least, I'd like everything on that list done by the shower date, so even if the room is totally devoid of furniture, it will be a place to drop everything. :)

• My DH finished painting the nursery this weekend!  Now we just need to wait for our furniture to arrive!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"