December 2011 Moms

sick

Lo got his first runny nose yesterday and today is worse. Humidifier is going and i elevated his matress with a blanket under the head half of it. Do you think that will help keep his head from stuffing him up so he can breath a little better? What else should i do. I know he will be up again i hate to sleep with him on me but is the recliner a better option then the elevated bed? He has a small fever so i gave him some tylenol. Im not worried just wondering what other moms do with sick babies i have zero experience in this department. Thanks

Re: sick

• DS has only had one cold but it was pretty bad. We got one of the vics plug ins and that really seemed to help. We also used a lot of saline spray! I hope your LO feels better soon.
  • Alex is just getting over his first stuffy nose/cold. I got BabyVicks and rubbed it on his chest, back and on the soles of his feet. We used a humidifier at night and saline solution several times a day. We also sat in the steamy bathroom twice a day for two days. 

I hope he gets better soon! 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Loading the player...
  • I just had the same experience and I was always so worried about DD so I feel your pain!  I found that elevating the mattress with something a little bit did help keep DD's airway clearer.  I just kept thinking "What do I do when I'm sick that helps me feel better?" and sleeping with my head slightly elevated always helps me breathe.  I kept her mattress like that for about 3 weeks and turned on the humidifier every night for her too. It was hard because it's still super hot here (95-105 degrees) and I always wanted to turn on her ceiling fan for her but it seemed to keep her clogged up.  I gave her tylenol periodically but I think the elevated bed did her a world of good.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"