May 2013 Moms

totally guessing on first day of last period

hello everyone out there!! i am new to the board and newly pregnant with my first baby!! i am super excited about everything, even though this was totally unplanned (i was even on birth control).  but, now that i have to look back at the first day of my last period, i can honestly say i have no idea when that was.  my periods are sooo irregular and it wasn't like i was planning on having a baby so i wasn't keeping track.  based on a trip that my fianc? and i were on, we are guesstimating that the date was aug. 10.  does anyone have any ideas, tips, or tricks?  i haven't seen my OBGYN yet - that visit is scheduled another two weeks out.

anyways - just wanted to say hi and ask that question.  hope everyone is happy and healthy!!

xoxo 

Re: totally guessing on first day of last period

• Hi and congratulations! This is my first, too, so I'm not exactly sure how they tell how far along you are (haven't had my first u/s yet). I'm a little vague on my first date as well. I used to be super regular until I had surgery two years ago, and ever since it's been insanely irregular. I know for sure that I was heavy on Aug. 11, so that's what I told the dr. but I guess I could be a few days off.
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • They will be able to tell by the babys measurements during your ultrasound
  • Loading the player...
  • imageliz1226:
    They will be able to tell by the babys measurements during your ultrasound

this! A dating ultrasound in the first tri is pretty accurate at pinpointing your due date! Congratulations and welcome! My first was a big surprise as well :) 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • welcome and congrats!  I'm guessing at your first OB appointment they will do an u/s to date the pregnancy.. since you don't know dates that'd be the most accurate way. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations, and welcome!  Don't you just love surprises :)

I'm pregnant with my 2nd and was still nursing my son (he just turned 1) and had yet to have a period...I have been period free since December 2010! haha!  But, I DO know when I implanted because I was paying very close attention to my body.  Implanting for me felt like 10 minutes of an intense menstrual cramp followed by a few seconds of pain.  That happened August 26.  Fertilization happens approximately 10 days prior to implantation, putting me at August 16 for that, a 2 weeks prior to fertilization is typically the 1st day of a period...but since I didn't have one, I'm subtracting 1 week from that so that when I have my first ultrasound I won't have put myself 'ahead' of schedule for a due date.  

Whew, that was a long explanation, and all that to ask, did you have any cramping like a period cramp that you can remember?  If so, you might be able to track from there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"