Military Families
Options

JBLM Mommies?

Are any of you JBLM mommies? I am trying to think about whether I want to stick with Madigan to have the baby or start looking for a DR off base where I can deliver at Good Sam in Puyallup. I've been going to the infertility clinic on Madigan and those DR's have been amazing but they only see you until about the 9th week. So i figure that would be a good time to either switch to the OBGYN or find a new DR. If you have any advice or any experiences you would want to share I would appreciate it!

TTC since 03/2011
BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: JBLM Mommies?

• Options

I am, and I just delivered last Wednesday!  I ended up delivering at St. Joseph's in Tacoma and I saw a mid-wife (Christina Martinez) at St. Joseph's Women's Clinic.  I can not say enough fantastic things about the staff at both the women's clinic and the hospital.  The clinic has both mid-wives and OBs, so you can see who ever you are comfortable with.  I ended up having a c-section, but my MW did everything in her power while I was in labor to avoid it, and the surgeon that performed the surgery did an amazing job, I have had a very easy recovery so far.  It was a bit further of a drive, but it was well worth it. 

I chose not to deliver at Madigan for a few reasons, but two of the big ones for me were that once in recovery they make all guests, including your husband, leave once visiting hours are over.  Also, they do not have private rooms.  I can not imagine what my recovery would have been like if my H was not there in the room all night with me.  And all rooms at St. Joes are private, they have nice views (which sounds like a small thing, but it was really nice to focus on the water while contracting instead of staring at a blank wall), you have your own nurse assigned to you while in labor, they have bathtubs/showers in every labor room, a level 3 NICU  (if needed), room service (which was awesome btw) and so many more amenities.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you have the option, stay away from MAMC. I had my first baby there and it was not a good experience. I don't have the option to go elsewhere so I'll have to deliver there again, unfortunately. You're basically a number, there are so many ladies having babies all the time that it's just another one to them. If you have to go to MAMC, at least stay away from the OB/GYN clinic, go with family medicine or the midwives.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    do you have tricare prime or standard? I'm just wondering because I'm moving back up to WA when DH goes to retrain and I don't want to deliever on base. I'll be living between about 40 miles away and there's other hospitals closer that I'd rather deliever at. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageacrolon4:
    do you have tricare prime or standard? I'm just wondering because I'm moving back up to WA when DH goes to retrain and I don't want to deliever on base. I'll be living between about 40 miles away and there's other hospitals closer that I'd rather deliever at. 

I have Standard and paid nothing out of pocket during my pregnancy, the only this I will have to pay is my time in the hospital.  I have not received a bill yet, but it is under $20/day.  I was easy to switch to Standard.

ETA: Since you are so far from base I believe you qualify for Remote, so you would not need to switch if you are on Prime and can see any provider.  I believe if you live more than 30 miles away you qualify, I would look into that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I will definetly be looking into it =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"