Trying to Get Pregnant

Well, this is confusing!

I'm new to this site, so if someone has already posted something about this, my apologies! My husband and I have been married for 6 years, I am 23, he is 26, and we are not really TTC, but also not really trying to prevent. Just if it happens, it happens. I'm on my 36th day of my cycle, typical cycle 28 days. The first day of my LMP was on 8/26. I had somewhat heavy spotting 9/12 lasting 2 days. My typical period is 6 days with plenty of PMS. I'm figuring I am 7 days late. I have taken three HPT all negative. My breast are pretty sore. I'm having some bloating and just plain uncomfortable most of the time. I really do NOT like this waiting thing!!! I wish I would either start or have a positive test, either way, just to know! I am probably going to go to the GYN next week, but from reading some message boards, it sounds like I might have to demand a blood test! Any insight on my situation??? Thank you!!!

Re: Well, this is confusing!

• There is no reason to go to the doctor or to "demand a blood test" at this point.  Test 1x/wk until you hit CD 60, get a + HPT, or your period. 

In the mean time read the newbie link

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is absoultely no reason to the go the doctor for a blood test. Negative test = not pregnant. Do not waste the time and money on a blood test.

The rule of thumb is to test once a week until you get a BFP or you hit 60 days. If you go 60 days, then and ONLY then should you call your doctor.

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My guess is that you're just having a wonky cycle this month.  If the "spotting" around the 12th was heavy enough to warrant a tampon, then it's not really spotting. 

There is no reason to "demand a blood test".  If you're pregnant, it will be picked up on a HPT.

Test 1x/week until you hit CD60, then call your Dr.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I realize that waiting is frustrating for you, but its really all you can do at this point. Good luck!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imagelobosabby:

There is absoultely no reason to the go the doctor for a blood test. Negative test = not pregnant. Do not waste the time and money on a blood test.

The rule of thumb is to test once a week until you get a BFP or you hit 60 days. If you go 60 days, then and ONLY then should you call your doctor.

I usually have 28 day cycles and a few months ago I was 10 days late. I POAS and it was negative (we were not TTC). I called the doctor and they told me to come in the next day, not bc they thought I was PG but bc they wanted to check me.

OP I don't think you're PG, but I also don't think it's a bad idea to call your Gyn

• Thanks, ya'll! I guess I just needed a little bit of direction. I'll just wait it out and see what happens!
  • imageMrsMommyQ:
    imagelobosabby:

There is absoultely no reason to the go the doctor for a blood test. Negative test = not pregnant. Do not waste the time and money on a blood test.

I usually have 28 day cycles and a few months ago I was 10 days late. I POAS and it was negative (we were not TTC). I called the doctor and they told me to come in the next day, not bc they thought I was PG but bc they wanted to check me.

OP I don't think you're PG, but I also don't think it's a bad idea to call your Gyn

this is not good advice to be giving out.  

your doctor is a moron. A 38 day cycle is nothing to be concerned about. 

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

• Thank you! I am really concerned because being this late is NOT a norm for me. I'm a nurse (obviously not an OB-GYN nurse!) and I just really don't feel comfortable with waiting. I haven't had any experience in this area since nursing school, so I just wanted to seek advice from women who are going through this or have experienced this themselves. I would rather go, but I don't want to waste time and money to just have a dr tell me to come back later....

Thank you for sharing your experience!

• imageMrsMommyQ:
    imagelobosabby:

This is not necessary. It means you probably just O'd later than usual. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Sometimes a cycle is "irregular". Our bodies sometimes like to mess with our heads when we're ttc. Wait it out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cycles can get wonky every so often. I don't think its necessary to call the doctor just yet. I have had cycles that were longer then usual and some that were shorter then usual. In the end you do what you feel you should, but I am unsure what they would be able to do for you at this point. 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imageLK101406:

Thank you! I am really concerned because being this late is NOT a norm for me. I'm a nurse (obviously not an OB-GYN nurse!) and I just really don't feel comfortable with waiting. I haven't had any experience in this area since nursing school, so I just wanted to seek advice from women who are going through this or have experienced this themselves. I would rather go, but I don't want to waste time and money to just have a dr tell me to come back later....

Thank you for sharing your experience!

You'll learn quickly in the TTC game there is no norm, always, ever, or never.  Another example, I got off of BC almost 3 years ago.  I went 1.5 years with regular periods (27-32 days) and then one month had a cycle over 50 days. Hasn't happened since.  Stuff like this happens.  No wants wants to wait, but it's the name of the game.

• Oh yeah, demanding a blood test sounds like a great idea. You do that.

The above was a joke. That is a ridiculous idea. Please check out fertilityfriend.com and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Being rude is also a great idea! And for no reason....brilliant!!!!

The above was sarcastic. There is absolutely no reason for it. Just came here for direction, not jokes, nor criticism.

• You can't go to the doctor and demand a blood test just because you "aren't comfortable waiting." You should really look into charting so you actually know when you ovulate and if you are in fact actually late. But you need to learn patience. You're a nurse. Don't you get irritated by the people that come in for ridiculous reasons? This is one of those times.
  • imageoksoonergirl:
    You can't go to the doctor and demand a blood test just because you "aren't comfortable waiting." You should really look into charting so you actually know when you ovulate and if you are in fact actually late. But you need to learn patience. You're a nurse. Don't you get irritated by the people that come in for ridiculous reasons? This is one of those times.

Excellent point. Like previous poster said, give it 60 days from your last period.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageLK101406:

Being rude is also a great idea! And for no reason....brilliant!!!!

The above was sarcastic. There is absolutely no reason for it. Just came here for direction, not jokes, nor criticism.

Then I highly suggest you find a different site because this one isn't going to suit you if you can't pull your head far enough out of your ass to embrace a sense of humor. 

100% serious there. Move along before you turn into a complete butthurt jackass.

There was absolutely no reason to be rude, and I am not going to sit by and have someone make jokes at my situation. If that is not "having a sense of humor", then I guess I'm out of luck! By the way, have a little bit of class with the name calling.

Have a nice day, ya'll!

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imageLK101406:

Then I highly suggest you find a different site because this one isn't going to suit you if you can't pull your head far enough out of your ass to embrace a sense of humor. 

100% serious there. Move along before you turn into a complete butthurt jackass.

<3

• imageLK101406:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageLK101406:

There was absolutely no reason to be rude, and I am not going to sit by and have someone make jokes at my situation. If that is not "having a sense of humor", then I guess I'm out of luck! By the way, have a little bit of class with the name calling.

Have a nice day, ya'll!

this wont end well for you ,OP. 

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

My Ugly BFP Chart

• imageLK101406:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageLK101406:

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

The above&nbsp;was&nbsp;sarcastic.&nbsp;There is absolutely no reason for it. Just came here for direction, not jokes, nor criticism.

Then I highly suggest you find a different site because this one isn't going to suit you if you can't pull your head far enough out of your ass to embrace a sense of humor.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;There was absolutely no reason to be rude, and I am not going to sit by and have someone make jokes at my situation. If that is not "having a sense of humor", then I guess I'm out of luck! By the way, have a little bit of class with the name calling.

Have a nice day, ya'll!

And THERE it is! She screamed GBCB!

Toodles.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Anyone else catch that she got married at 17? Not judging, just curious as to why a 17 year old and a 20 year old would get married so young this day and age. Also, she is only 23. That would mean, she is, at most, 3 years out of nursing school. And that is reaching. I would call mud, but she gbcb'd to quick for that.

My guess is that she is 23, but not married, bf doesn't know they are ttc, and she is currently in nursing school. Anyone else up for a game of clue?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, I've never initiated a GBCB before. And with such mild chiding.

OP, no reason to be defensive. A lot of us here have been really, truly trying our damnedest to get pregnant for a while, and we see posts like yours many, many times a day. It gets old, and we make jokes.

I believe that if you are mature enough to have a baby, you are mature enough to know what's going on with your body, and it sounds like you have a bit of learning to do. Hence my web site and book suggestion, both of which will greatly help you, I promise. If you knew more about your cycle, you would agree that calling a doctor to demand a blood test at this point is, indeed, ridiculous.

Lots of luck.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I'll agree with Wonky cycles.  The last 2 July's I have had 21 day cycles and I am usually always 26 days.  I dunno what it is about the month of July!
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• imageskio:
    Oh yeah, demanding a blood test sounds like a great idea. You do that. The above was a joke. That is a ridiculous idea. Please check out fertilityfriend.com and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Seriously OP I cannot see how this was rude. Sure its laced with some sarcasm but she said she was joking and then went to give you some good advise. This is the tone of this site, we are sarcastic, we call it how it is, and we give great advise. That post was not rude. Sorry but demanding a blood test when you are only 10 days past when ur normal AF is to begin is a bit much. There are so many women here who have crazy cycles and all they are telling you is that it could be very normal and gave u info on when you should call the doc. You obviously can do what you want, but don't ask for advise and then get mad when some ppl think going as far as demanding a test from a doc is a bit overboard. 

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imagegardennymph:
    Anyone else up for a game of clue?

I am. My guess is that Miss Scarlett and Mr. Green did something in the library, possibly with rope... 

On the other hand,in what state do you even get legally married at 17?  

DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• imagehopeful808:

imagegardennymph:

I am. My guess is that Miss Scarlett and Mr. Green did something in the library, possibly with rope...&nbsp;

On the other hand,in what state do you even get legally married at 17? &nbsp;

I believe you can in most states if your parent/guardian signs for you. Maybe that is just SC.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegardennymph:
    imagehopeful808:

imagegardennymph:

I am. My guess is that Miss Scarlett and Mr. Green did something in the library, possibly with rope...&nbsp;

On the other hand,in what state do you even get legally married at 17? &nbsp;

I believe you can in most states if your parent/guardian signs for you. Maybe that is just SC.

Nope, that's pretty much anywhere.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• You asked for advice and got plenty of good responses. If you don't like it, don't take it. If this board doesn't suit you, go away.

TTC#1 since 5/2011
    DX: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Myasthenia Gravis, Aplastic Anemia, one copy MTHFR DH SA: count 52% motility (slow progressive), 0% normal morph
    June-July 2012: Clomid cycles=BFNs
    August 2012: New RE, started Metformin, Letrozole 7.5mg+TI=BFN Sept. 2012: IUI#1: Letrozole 7.5mg=BFN
    Oct. 2012: IUI#2 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    Nov '12-March '13 on a break
    April 2013: IUI#3 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    June 2013: IVF#1  Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix =BFN, 3 Frosties
    August 2013: FET#1=BFP 8/20/13,  EDD 4/30/13, MMC 10/1/13
    December 2013: IVF#2 Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix=?
     ~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~

imageimageimage

• Sad I missed this bundle of joy last night.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"