Trying to Get Pregnant

35 Day Cycle

Hi! I am new to the boards and have been ttc for 4 months now. My cycle is very long - 35 days - and generally I am bleeding for at least 7 days. Could this be a sign of a problem which is preventing me from becoming pregnant? Anybody else have a cycle like this? Thanks!

Re: 35 Day Cycle

• 35 days is a totally normal cycle length, and 7 days isn't unheard of for bleeding.  I would suggest you start charting at fertilityfriend.com.  The tutorials will teach you how so you can figure out when you are ovulating and time things accordingly.

Good luck! 

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• imagebtaylor19:

35 days is a totally normal cycle length, and 7 days isn't unheard of for bleeding.  I would suggest you start charting at fertilityfriend.com.  The tutorials will teach you how so you can figure out when you are ovulating and time things accordingly.

Good luck! 

All of this.

OP, my cycles for the last 3 months have been 43-45 days, but I have also had 58 and 54 day cycles. There are several ladies here who have even longer cycles. Def look into charting, it really helps!

Welcome and good luck!

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Your cycles sound very normal and do not indicate any problems at all.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Lol, 35 days is not very long (see my ticker, 123 whohoo!).  Seriously though, it's not considered long and as long as it is pretty regular I am sure you're fine.  You could always chart your temps if you're not already to make sure you're Oing and to time sex better.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Unless you have any other reasons/symptoms leading you to think something is wrong... I wouldn't worry. 35 day cycles are just fine! 7 day AF's are a little long, but definitely possible. Like PP suggested, check out fertility friend and get to know your body/cycle. Temping is a great way to really figure out your cycle and the only way to really know your exact O date.

Just remember it can take a perfectly healthy couple with perfect timing, 12 months to get a BFP.

Have fun and good luck!

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• Agree with the PP. Cycles around 35 days are not long.

Before DS, my cycles typically ranged 28-38 days. I ended up Oing at CD 19 with him. Last cycle was 37 days (with CD 26 ovulation). Currently, I am on CD 35 (with O at 27 days). Cycles longer than 28 days tend to ovulate later than CD 14. Short Luteal Phases (under 10 days) may cause a problem. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Sounds like you're normal.  Sounding like a broken record here, but 35 days is not *long*.  I just had a 152 day cycle.  Yes I have some different circumstances, but I wouldn't be worried if I was you.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 35 day cycles are perfectly normal and not at all long.  If you have only been trying for 4 months, there is no reason to believe anything is wrong.

it can take a healthy couple with no fertility issues a year to get pregnant.  Relax and don't go looking for problems. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Don't worry mine is 30 days and I have always bled for 7 days I wouldn't worry. I am starting to chart and using opk don't worry and good luck!!
    TTC since June 2012 BFP #1 7/1/2012 EDD 3/4/2013 M/C on 7/18/2012 @ 7w4d baby #2 EDD 7/29/2012 M/C on 12/28/2012@ 9w4d Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • This
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all so much for the reassurance. I really thought so but a couple of the other women at work that I am friends with told me that this is strange. (They both also got pregnant the very first month that they tried.) Then I go searching around on the internet and all of a sudden I feel like something is wrong! I truly hope everything is okay. My husband worries because he used to take Propecia. I told him that he is crazy for thinking that has anything to do with anything and he stopped well over a year ago.

Thanks again for the help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"