Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TMI - Heavy bright red flow?

I haven't posted in a couple months, my new job and taking care of L on my own (fiance is away for work) has left me little time to Bump. 

This is only my second cycle since having L, the first being in April and being very light.  I've had what I always considered heavy periods all my life.  This period is super heavy compared to those.  I use a Diva cup and today is CD 2 and I've had 90mL of flow since I went to bed last night.  It's all bright red. 

I'm thinking this is a crazy amount of flow and if it's still like this tomorrow I should see my doctor? Has anybody else ever experienced a heavy period like this?

TIA!

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: TMI - Heavy bright red flow?

• Options
    Did you mean to post this here? You might be better off asking on the baby boards.

In my experience, it's totally normal for your first couple post partum periods to be totally wacky and/or way heavy. My first period pp was no big deal; 5 days, normal flow, no bad cramping. My second one was the worst thing everrrr. I had horrible cramps and super heavy bleeding for a week, then continued to bleed red for 30 days.

Your doc is there if you are uncomfortable with what's going on; I always say no harm in a phone call for reassurance. But I would bet they'll tell you it's normal. Hang in there and good luck.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oops, I guess this might be the wrong board.  My bad.
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never measured how much blood comes out...
  • Options
    That's the fun thing about the Diva Cup, you know pretty accurately the amount of flow. From Dr Google I see a regular pad or tampon soaked will hold 5mL.
    image image

• Options

19ml is roughly equivalent to 4 saturated super tampons, I believe. It does sound like a lot. I'd prob call just to see what they say. 

Edit, I think you are right. 4 regular tampons, not 4 super.  

TTC since 8/2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"