Trying to Get Pregnant

does it really matter?

This maybe a dumb question but I am new to all of this. I know on pregnancy tests it says for best results to use first mornings pee, do you really need to? I am 3 days late on AF tested Friday morning got a bfn, then tested tonight and got a bfn. My period is like clock work, I have been nauseas, peeing a LOT, and my boobs are SUPER tender. Am I going crazy..?
Anniversary

Re: does it really matter?

• First morning pee is more concentrated. You don't have to use it, but it's more likely you will get a positive early. How do you know you are late?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I track my periods on a log, and I tend to feel when I O. Which lines up with the calendar I use. The only thing throwing me off is I had a mc on 8/31. When I saw my gyno on Friday she even said I was late but didn't test bc it was an afternoon appointment, and I was just there for an annual.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really also not ready to start temping. We aren't actively trying but aren't actively trying to prevent. I just think I'm letting myself get to my head.
    Anniversary
  • imageBeth&Derek:

imagedesiree1988:
    I track my periods on a log, and I tend to feel when I O. Which lines up with the calendar I use. The only thing throwing me off is I had a mc on 8/31. When I saw my gyno on Friday she even said I was late but didn't test bc it was an afternoon appointment, and I was just there for an annual.

Even with a log and feeling ovulation pains, you still can ovulate later than expected. I started with cramping on my right side a few days before I ovulated this month and those pains haven't gone away yet, over a week later. It's not really a reliable way of detecting O. Having a mc a month ago (really sorry for your loss) might have thrown your cycles off.

How does your doctor know you're late?

I assume she knows I'm late bc I've been seeing her for yrs and my cycle has never changed. She said I should have expected AF by now and if I don't see it in a few more weeks I need to go back in.
    Anniversary
  • imagedesiree1988:
    imageBeth&Derek:

imagedesiree1988:
    I track my periods on a log, and I tend to feel when I O. Which lines up with the calendar I use. The only thing throwing me off is I had a mc on 8/31. When I saw my gyno on Friday she even said I was late but didn't test bc it was an afternoon appointment, and I was just there for an annual.

Even with a log and feeling ovulation pains, you still can ovulate later than expected. I started with cramping on my right side a few days before I ovulated this month and those pains haven't gone away yet, over a week later. It's not really a reliable way of detecting O. Having a mc a month ago (really sorry for your loss) might have thrown your cycles off.

How does your doctor know you're late?

I assume she knows I'm late bc I've been seeing her for yrs and my cycle has never changed. She said I should have expected AF by now and if I don't see it in a few more weeks I need to go back in.

It sure seems like it has now, huh?

• imagedesiree1988:

first, I'm sorry for your loss.  

Tracking O by logging your period is not very accurate.  Also a recent miscarriage can mess up your cycle.  It would make sense it this is your first cycle after your MC, that this cycle might be a little longer.

Since you can't be certain exactly when/if you ovulated, I would suggest taking a test once a week until you get either a positive, you period or you hit 60 days with no period.  If you hit 60 days with no period call your doc. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imageTwinkie0612:

imagedesiree1988:

first, I'm sorry for your loss.  

Tracking O by logging your period is not very accurate.  Also a recent miscarriage can mess up your cycle.  It would make sense it this is your first cycle after your MC, that this cycle might be a little longer.

Since you can't be certain exactly when/if you ovulated, I would suggest taking a test once a week until you get either a positive, you period or you hit 60 days with no period.  If you hit 60 days with no period call your doc. 

Thank you for your response, it was very helpful. I know my cycle will be slightly off but I guess I just didn't expect it to be this off. I just wanted to know what time of day was best for testing.
    Anniversary
  • 3 days is not that off.

Morning time.

• imageBeth&Derek:

imagedesiree1988:

You could have the same cycle length every cycle for years and still end up having a wonky cycle. Most women don't ovulate on the same day every cycle.

If you don't want to chart, that's totally your call. It makes no difference to me what you do, but you have to realize that most people's ovulation days vary from cycle to cycle and if you don't know for sure when you ovulated, then you don't know when you're actually late.

Thank you, I know you don't O the same time every cycle but I wasn't even asking about that. I really just wanted to know when to test and it seems like this whole thing got way off topic.
    Anniversary
  • No, it doesn't really matter. Your pee will show you're pregnant no matter when you pee, it's just that FMU is more concentrated and therefore more likely to catch an early BFP.

Sounds like you don't know that you're actually late. Tracking on a calendar tells you nothing, especially considering you had a recent loss and may have an off cycle or two. You may not have ovulated at all. I'm seriously side eyeing your doctor for telling you you're late if she doesn't even know if/when you ovulated. That's completely ridiculous and unprofessional.

If you don't get your period for 60 days, call your doc; or better yet, get a new doc and call that one. Until then, test once a week. I'm sorry for your loss and good luck.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I wasn't being looked to be told that I pg at all. I was just curious as to when to test. I guess I learned my lesson. I have read some threads that relate to me personally but I know its dumb to ask when you have O'd bc no one knows but you. I also know not to ask if you are pg, that's why you pee on a stick.
    Anniversary
  • FMU is best because it is more concentrated. If you are pregnant, you may not be far along enough yet to pick up on diluted urine. I would POAS in the morning if I were you! Good luck!
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• imagedesiree1988:
    This maybe a dumb question but I am new to all of this. I know on pregnancy tests it says for best results to use first mornings pee, do you really need to? I am 3 days late on AF tested Friday morning got a bfn, then tested tonight and got a bfn. My period is like clock work, I have been nauseas, peeing a LOT, and my boobs are SUPER tender. Am I going crazy..?

I had a MC on July 23.  My cycles are still not regular.  I went from a 28day cycle religiously before my MC to 31 and 29 days.  I am not sure if I have ovulated since my MC so I started temping this month.  So your cycles maybe a little off for awhile after your MC.  

• imageRunningGal900:
    First morning pee is more concentrated. You don't have to use it, but it's more likely you will get a positive early. How do you know you are late?

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"