3rd Trimester

Due date is today and...

still no baby boy.  I'm little sad but know he'll be here soon (*chanting my patience mantra!*). I go to the Dr tomorrow and we'll be talking about induction.  We're military and the base hospital doesn't let you go over 41 weeks.  So hopefully I'll meet my little guy by the end of the week...if not sooner! Yay!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Due date is today and...

• I feel your pain.  I was due on the 28th.  I was sure my little one would be here before October.  Here we are on the last day of the month and she is refusing to drop.  I was dilated to a 1 at my last appointment with my cervix being "ready" according to the doctor. I will try to hold out until 42 weeks before even considering a medical induction, unless there was a complication.  Luckily the doctor hasn't mentioned one yet.  I want a natural childbirth, and fear pitocin induced contractions. Of course he did mention a c-section because he was worried about size.  Last Tuesday he did a size u/s and her weight is estimated at 9 lbs 1 oz.  DS was just shy of 9 pounds, so I am not too worried about size.   I wouldn't think if her size estimate is accurate, that she would be so stubborn to come out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in the same boat as you. Due today, dr. appt tomorrow. I also hope to be meeting my son by the end of the week. I'm not sure how long my dr. will let me go without being induced. Last weeks check up showed no signs that my body is getting ready for labor, but I fear pitocin, epidurals and c-sections so hopefully he'll come on his own. I feel like total crap and i'm ready for this part to be over with. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay dumb question by why do some have a fear of pitocin? We talked about it in Lamaze class a couple times and I don't remember anything bad about it.  
  • My due date was Sept 29 and there is no baby. My ob has been saying conditions are favorable. (whatever that really means) I wanted a natural birth too, but I am super uncomfortable. We were going to try and wait until Oct 8th for an induction, the doctor doesn't like to go past 41 weeks, but I am considering just getting it over with and asking for one on thursday or friday. I feel weak, but what if he never comes on his own?! Good luck to everyone overdue!
  • imageJandKHall:
    Okay dumb question by why do some have a fear of pitocin? We talked about it in Lamaze class a couple times and I don't remember anything bad about it.  

Pitocin induced contractions are supposed to be stronger, thus more painful.  If you are getting an epidural, you will not have to feel the pain and that is probably why it wasn't mentioned in your Lamaze class.  Lamaze tends to teach on what normal hospital delivery with standard interventions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hang in there, mama!  FTMs go into labor on average 8-10 days after their EDD.  I know everyday after that EDD seems like an eternity though!

imageYogiKC0519:
    imageJandKHall:
    Okay dumb question by why do some have a fear of pitocin? We talked about it in Lamaze class a couple times and I don't remember anything bad about it. nbsp;
    I believe if pitocin is not controlled appropriately it can give you contractions too close together which intensifies labor. If your doc knows how to appropriately control it, i.e. give you the correct dose and not up it too much too soon, you should experience similar contractions as if you were in normal active labor. Contractions should be every 35 minutes and no closer together while on pitocin. I have obviously never experienced it but my OB told me this.

Also, because of the unnatural way the meds make the contractions come (too strong, too fast, not enough time in between) it has a considerable chance of causing the baby distress because they have no time to recover between contractions.  It ups your chance of C/S and a lot of that has to do with the way it impacts baby.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Can I just say that I am so jealous of all you 40 weekers!

I am lurking from the 2nd trimester board because I so desperately want to be over here because it means I'm closer to meeting our little peanut.

Anyway, reading your posts makes me so happy for all of you. I want to wish you all the best of luck and happy and healthy babies!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"