Babies: 6 - 9 Months

tiny red dots

DD has little tiny red dots across her cheeks and nose and I just found some on her hands. They aren't bumpy but completely smooth. They look like freckles but I don't think that's what they are. She's not sick or feverish.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: tiny red dots

• Is she sick?  When Olivia was sick she got a similar rash on her chest and her bottom, a little bit on her fingers and toes.  It went away in a couple of days, the doctor said that viruses sometimes present with a rash and its nothing to be concerned about.

If the red marks turn into blisters, that sounds like Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, which isn't great but it's not the end of the world.

• Not sick at all actually. Her skin is as smooth as can be and some of them are red now and some are a brownish color. They really present themselves as freckles but that's what I was confused about. DH's family pretty much are all covered in freckles so Idk lol
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemommadawn1012:
    Not sick at all actually. Her skin is as smooth as can be and some of them are red now and some are a brownish color. They really present themselves as freckles but that's what I was confused about. DH's family pretty much are all covered in freckles so Idk lol
    Hmm. Maybe worth a call to the pedi in case its an allergic reaction...have you started using a new lotion on your own hands or on the baby? New diapers? New table food? That's perplexing to me. If they don't seem to bother her, I guess she's just fine.
  • Haven't done anything new lol! Thanks for the posts guys
  • K had something Similiar my Ped had me come in same day for labs.... She was ok but one thing they tested for was leukemia
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"