May 2013 Moms

Brown discharge?

Last night I had a large-ish amount of brownish discharge (like at the end of AF). Today it has been very little. I did some research and it looks as long as it doesn't turn red and I don't have a lot of cramping, it is just old blood and nothing to be worried about.  Just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similiar and if you had spoken to your doctor about it?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Brown discharge?

• Yup! I had a good amount of brownish/red blood that quickly lightened to brown spotting 2 weeks ago, went to the ER, all was well. Then had some brown spotting occasionally throughout this weekend off and on. If it's brown it does mean old blood and there can be lots of causes. As long as you aren't cramping or having pain and it stays brown I wouldn't worry.
    TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a brown discharge after exercising too hard once. I guess it bruised my cervix or something like that. I've been taking it easy since then, just walking or riding my bike, and I haven't had it since. I've also  heard that you can have some dark brown spotting after being intimate. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been having light brown discharge for the past 3 days and today it turned a bit darker. I'm freaking out with worry. Doesn't help that my DH is not home today so I can't even take it super easy because I need to take care of our 20 month old.  From all the reading I've done online, this is common and is not to be worried about unless you get red blood and pain, but I'm still scared. My first dr's appt is for Thursday. I'll see what happens tomorrow and might ask to go in early.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had this at week 6. Started on a Friday and was gone by Monday. Went to the dr and everything was fine. Try not to stress!!!!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• This happened to me a few days after I had the transvag u/s. Nothing to worry about but if it worries you it never hurts to check with your doc :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, me too. It was a small amount, and was brown and sticky. I had it once or twice over a couple of days. My doctor had also said not to worry unless it's red with painful cramping, so I guess all we can do is wait and try not to stress. (easier said than done!)

But if you're worried and it would make you feel better, definitely call your doctor.

Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
    First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
    Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the reassurance ladies :)  I ended up calling the answering service last night because the discharge became a little thicker and looked like I had passed some tissue.  My OB said as long as it is brown, not to worry, but that I could come in this week for another u/s to double check.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a little bit yesterday but mine was like a dark pinkish brown. It was a weird color. It wasn't much, only saw it twice when I wiped after using the bathroom. Trying not to worry.
  • I am on week 5 since my LMP was 12/5. Two positive pregnancy tests later I finally accepted this! Excited and happy! Today I had some brown discharge when I wiped and needless to say I'm freaking out and so scared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"