August 2012 Moms

How Long Does This Spitting Up Last?!

Subject: How Long Does This Spitting Up Last?!

Chloe spits up with every bottle, at least once but usually more. And she spits up a good amount. Is there an age at which the spitting up slows down?

Also has anyone tried the Similac Spit Up? Does that help?

Re: How Long Does This Spitting Up Last?!

• toh

Not sure how much spit up you're dealing with, but if it's right after a feed, mayber you're feeding too much? Do you put LO down flat after a feed?

My ped said spit up continues as DD increases her food intake and becomes more active, but she has a relatively moderate amount of spit up.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It is during and after a feed but when I fed her less she just kept screaming and screaming. Sad And I always hold her for at least 30 minutes after I feed her. I only lay her down flat after an hour or so!

Her pedi said spitting up was normal but I was just hoping there would be a point that it would be less...

• Loading the player...
  • Are you feeding her F? or breastmilk from a bottle ? I know its pretty normal to spit up quiet often when FF. My LO was FF for her first 2 weeks with a hi calorie preemie formula and I remember her spitting up quiet a bit. It may also be a little bit of reflux? I would ask your ped at your next appointment. As long as its just formula (ie not green or red or something) and its not projectile
    pmc_zps6f8a2df3 Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • toh. ya shes ff and its always just formula. sigh. runnin out of clothes! lol
  • DS goes to a pediatrician clinic where there are 3 rotating doctors. The first dr he saw kept telling me when he emptied his whole stomach by spitting up after each feeding that it was normal. This did not seem normal to me at all. He was also seemed to be in physical pain so I was giving him gas drops. So I thought what the heck I'm going to see a different pedi and turned out he has reflux. He's now on meds and has rice bottles 4 times a day to help keep the spit up and reflux down [per pediatrian orders].

Similac spit up is made with rice but I believe it's broken down so its less of a choking hazard. I'd ask your the pedi before you try it, but honestly I've seen you post about Chloe's spitting up and gas a lot and I would suggest a second opinion. It wouldn't hurt to try.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My pedi said it slows when they start solids.

Eta: a friend of mine has a super spitter upper, the baby wears a bib all the time to avoid having to change clothes so often.
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We tried the similac for spit up because it has rice in it which is supposed to be good for babies with reflux. He cried after every bottle and had screamed and didn't nap so we switched back to similac sensitive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS was a major spitter. I'm talking to the point of wondering if any of the bottle stayed down. We tried various formulas and it didn't do a thing. It let up some when he was more mobile, but it didn't totally go away until after he was a year old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS quit spitting up when he was sitting up. So around 5 months...some babies situp much later than that though. He spitup A LOT before that, especially when he was on his belly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rather than being completely depressed by all of this feedback I'm going to look at the bright side and use it as an excuse to buy her more clothes.
  • The rice can cause major constipation. You could add baby oatmeal to her present formula. Thickens like rice but usually not as constipating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kevin and Brandy
    Married 4 yrs in love for 7

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Molly Kate--Kevin Jake--Melody Grace
    2 yrs old--1 mth old--4 yrs old
  • If it makes you feel better, Sergio spits up a lot too and he's getting breast milk...so I don't think the formula thing makes a difference. We just keep a bib on him a lot and don't take it off until it's been about thirty minutes. My couch smells like bm from his projectile spit up...it's that bad sometimes.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Addy wears a bib at every feeding now to try and cut down on how many times we change her clothes a day.  seems to help so far.  so much easier to change bibs every feeding instead of clothes.

And she spits up a good half ounce at nearly every feeding, or sometimes after the feeding or between feedings... Dr just wrote us a scrip for acid reflux though...

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"