Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

do you worry more since gaving Lo?

I feel silly even saying this but now that i have my daughter she just turned 1 i find myself worrying about what would happen to her if something ever happend to my dh or I. Its like the thought is so unbearable that i cant stop thinking about it. Im not having anxiety attacks or anything like that its just been on my mind. Anyone else experience this?

Re: do you worry more since gaving Lo?

• I am right there with you. Only I do have panic attacks. Not sure what started causing it. Hopefully I can get it under control. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I did, but strangely I worry less since i had my second...maybe because I don't have the time to worry LOL.

It can be a sign of Post Partum anxiety.  If the thoughts are consuming (even if you are functioning) you may want to talk to your dr. and get some meds to help.

I have an anxiety disorder and OCD since I was little and it got much worse after having children.  I changed medicines and it is better.  I don't get panic attacks I obsessively worry.

so if you feel its on your mind too much just talk to your dr.  It is normal to a certain degree though. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerosesandpeonies:

Yes I did, but strangely I worry less since i had my second...maybe because I don't have the time to worry LOL.

It can be a sign of Post Partum anxiety.  If the thoughts are consuming (even if you are functioning) you may want to talk to your dr. and get some meds to help.

I have an anxiety disorder and OCD since I was little and it got much worse after having children.  I changed medicines and it is better.  I don't get panic attacks I obsessively worry.

so if you feel its on your mind too much just talk to your dr.  It is normal to a certain degree though. 

i never thought of it as post partum anxiety. I got into an accident with the LO when she was just 5 months old. We were okay but it totaled our truck since i rolled it. Ever since then I have had anxiety like crazy...even when DH gets called into work at night I have nightmares about him not coming home. I thought it was just since that accident, but maybe it is post partum related too?!  I constantly worry about everything

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • imagemrskelly731:
    imagerosesandpeonies:

Yes I did, but strangely I worry less since i had my second...maybe because I don't have the time to worry LOL.

i never thought of it as post partum anxiety. I got into an accident with the LO when she was just 5 months old. We were okay but it totaled our truck since i rolled it. Ever since then I have had anxiety like crazy...even when DH gets called into work at night I have nightmares about him not coming home. I thought it was just since that accident, but maybe it is post partum related too?!  I constantly worry about everything

Well actually it may be PTSD from the accident.  Since you were fine up until the accident.  I am not a psychologist so I am just going by my experiences, etc., but any kind of trauma can cause PTSD.  I would definitely talk to your dr., because you should not be worrying to that extent. 

so glad you are both ok!   

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I don't worry about that, b/c we have such great families that if anything ever happened to us she'd be so loved. 

However, I worry that I would not be able to go on living if anything were ever to happen to her.   And I am the most laid back person on the planet. 

• I did worry more at first, but that was mostly because it was pretty traumatizing that he was early and in the hopital.  After I passed his first birthday my 1 year due date things started to get a lot better. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I've just recently started worrying about the particular idea of "what would happen if I died? (or DH, or both of us)"   I just can't bear the thought of someone else raising her - or of not being able to see her grow up - or of her having to live life without a mom/dad/parents.  UGH  So yes, I think this is a normal worry.  I try not to let it get into my head too much, but it does bother me sometimes.

I think increased worry is pretty normal once you are a parent.  As long as it doesn't interfere with your life and keep you from doing "normal" things, I think its just a side-effect of mothering for many of us. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"