May 2013 Moms

Anyone else feel like it's more flu and less m/s?

If I didn't know any better, I would swear I had the flu.  I constantly feel so icky, hot headed (I'm not even running a fever), but occasionally get chills at night.  I want to sleep all day, and I'm so drained.  I occasionally have nausea, but more than anything it feels like the flu.  I just have that gross "warm" feeling when you are coming down with the flu, but this has been going on for about 3-4 days and I'm never running a fever.  Just wanted to see if this is way out of the norm or if anyone else is going through this.
BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone else feel like it's more flu and less m/s?

• The joys of pregnancy! I feel this way especially if I have a headache. It makes it seem so much worse. I never had any pregnancy symptoms with my first only tiredness. Then with my second every morning felt like I was waking up with a hangover. Now that I'm pregnant with number three I feel like this off and on all day.
  • This is exactly how I feel! I keep telling dh that I feel like I have the flu...plus nothing sounds good, not even water. Blah
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • THIS. I'm so glad you posted this, because I have kept saying to Mr. Alec that maybe I just happen to have the flu, and it's not related to morning sickness. But I guess, in fact, this is what "morning sickness" feels like for a lot of people. I'm so lethargic, and I feel warm and just weak and crummy and queasy and just want to lie on the couch all day like I do when I have the flu. Thanks for articulating that that's how you feel as well.

• Yes! Week 5 was like this for me, and it's been getting better this week. I hope it stays better. I was so sticky warm, and then the sweat would give me chills. I felt completely wiped out. Every time I hit the couch, I was asleep within minutes, and DEEP asleep, like I do when I'm sick. And I had that nauseous watery mouth on and off each day. Luckily, food actually helped. 

I told my best friend that it felt like the flu, and she laughed, then apologized for laughing, and said welcome to the first trimester. 

My energy is better this week, though the warm waves are still here, making me sweat up a storm. It's not pretty. :-P 

• Thank you sooo much for posting this...I feel the same way...Its funny cuz  I was just telling DH this morning that I feel like i'm getting the flu...but I have no fever...I've been feeling like this for the last 3 days. Can barely eat anything, or drink anything, even water. Total blah!! Hopefully this feeling ends soon! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesmrtalec33:

THIS. I'm so glad you posted this, because I have kept saying to Mr. Alec that maybe I just happen to have the flu, and it's not related to morning sickness. But I guess, in fact, this is what "morning sickness" feels like for a lot of people. I'm so lethargic, and I feel warm and just weak and crummy and queasy and just want to lie on the couch all day like I do when I have the flu. Thanks for articulating that that's how you feel as well.

This is me too. I don't have waves of standard "morning sickness," I just feel like crap all day long. I want to stay in my comfy clothes and stay on the couch all the time. I have to really think about what I should eat because nothing sounds good.  It worried me a little that I wasn't experiencing "morning sickness," but now I realize this is just another version of it. Which strangely makes me feel better lol  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"