June 2013 Moms

5 weeks along and cramping

Hi ladies! Well, I just found out I was pregnant after 3 at home pregnancy tests confirmed it a few days ago. We have decided not to tell our families yet because we want to be careful incase anything bad happens. This is my first pregnancy and we are both very excited and scared at the same time!!

I wanted to know if any of you were also experiencing cramping, like period cramping, in the lower abdomen? Sometimes it feels quite painful and I have to breathe through it... Most of the time I feel fine though, other than feeling quite fatigued. I just started a prenatal vitamin 2 days ago (day after I found out) and I have to schedule my first Dr. visit but just wondered what you all were going through?

Thanks! Happy pregnancies!! 

image image

Re: 5 weeks along and cramping

• I had a lot of cramping around 5 weeks with my daughter--totally normal; your uterus is already growing and going through changes! I am only about 4 weeks along with this pregnancy but I've started feeling some cramping and occasional sharp pain when I move suddenly, which also happened with my first.

Congratulations to you! 

DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats!!! I will be 5 weeks tomorrow with my first as well. I just went to the doctor for the first time on Friday to get some questions answered and she said cramping is completely normal because your uterus is changing and stretching. As long as it isn't one sided cramping (could indicate ectopic pregnancy) or accompanied with bright read blood (darker color spotting is normal) you should have nothing to worry about. But if you are at all concerned it never hurts to call the doctor just to be sure.

Randi

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on your bfp!

I too have been having the cramps you've described... I was really worried, however my OB said if it's not accompanied by bleeding it's fine. I've read & been told it's a lot of stretching going on down there.

Mine is so painful and it's been around since 8dpo. I didn't want to take anything,but I've given in to Tylenol (OB recommended)  I can't tell you it's better yet, but it does seem to be the norm.

HTH!

TTC 10/2010 DX with PCOS 01/2012 Metformin 05/12. Clomid 07/12 50mg- Bust,no response. 8/12 100mg 0 on CD20=BFP. 9/24-56 9/26-125 10/1-2100 B/G Twins, EDD 05/2013 "It's funny they give you a drug to help get you pregnant, but it makes me not want to have sex with you" -DH. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ok, great! Thank you so much! I thought I read cramping was normal, but it does not say it everywhere I have looked at pregnancy symptoms, so was not sure. I am very reassured knowing that people who are at the same stage in pregnancy as me are also going through the same things. Congratulations to you three as well!!!! How exciting!!!!

image image

• I'm not nearly as far along as you are - but I've definitely been having the same kind of cramping.  All these responses are very reassuring!

Welcome and congratulations to you! 

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Thanks and congrats to you too! :)

image image

• Strength in numbers, I suppose??  I too have had some cramping and am in my fifth week with my first.  It is SUPER scary when you don't know what's normal or not, but reading and looking on these boards really helps a lot.  I haven't been to the doctor yet, but the cramping hasn't been severe enough or lasted long enough for me to feel like it warranted a call (of course after I had done a little research).  And now toward the end of this week, I can sense patterns to what makes me cramp (sitting for long periods of time) and they tend to be less severe and don't occur as often.
  • I have had cramping since before I even got a positive pregnancy test. It is nice to know I am not the only one! It is a scary thing when you are not really far along. I do not have my doctor's appointment for another 1 1/2 weeks so hearing similar stories to mine is helping ease my mind!
  • I'm so glad you posted this! I had very mild, light cramping last week, but today, the cramping was very intense (worse than period cramping). It's such a relief to know that this is normal. After my CP in July, I'm pretty nervous.

I guess those uncontrollable sobs of relief that this is a regular pregnancy symptom is normal, too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"