Pregnant after a Loss

*****Sunday Ticker Change*****

Happy Sunday, ladies!

How was everyone's week? Please update us on any appointments you may have had, concerns/joys, or any other random pregnancy thoughts!

QOTW: Are you a sports fan?  What sports/teams do you like?

rsolsem - Glad things are going ok with the GD diet so far, and that's wonderful that your numbers are staying good and you won't have to worry about meds!

mrssoprano - I've been thinking of you and your precious Faith this past week.  (((HUGS)))

kwilson158 - Hooray for flutters!  How was your u/s?

littlepenguin2012 - I'm sorry to hear about your hospital stay (how scary!), but I'm glad your doctors are monitoring you so closely.  I'm glad you were able to go home.  How have you been this week?

edinger3 - Glad all is going well!  What kind of exercise are you doing?  Good for you!  I've really slacked off on mine.

crystal8503 - How did your 3hr GTT go?  I'm sorry about all the shower drama - how frustrating!  I hope it ended up working out ok.

ashleyl31 - Congrats on movement and telling the family!  How exciting!

mijakach - I'm sorry to hear about your movement scare - I just hate slow movement days!  I'm glad LO has been active since!

PetraStonegirl - I just scrolled back through some posts - I'm so, so thrilled for you!  Yay for a healthy heartbeat!!!

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
Too beautiful for this earth
BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12

Re: *****Sunday Ticker Change*****

• Updates: Long story short - my hematologist appt. sucked.  My hematologist basically told me he was afraid for me, which is the LAST thing I need when I'm already terrified out of my mind.  Needless to say, it's been a rough week since!  (English is not his first language, so I'm hoping it was just something that got lost in translation.)  On the good side, my bloodwork came back good and I tested negative for antiphospholipid antibodies (I was positive before) so at least right now they're not in my system.  I saw the perinatologist on Friday, and they're not willing to move up my induction date before 38 weeks at this point, but said they'd be willing to discuss at my next growth scan on 10/26.  She did bring up the possibility of hospitalization before delivery - not sure if I want to go that route.  Baby girl weighed 3lbs 5 oz on Friday and was measuring 2 days ahead, so they were happy with the growth.  I have a regular OB appointment on Tuesday, and should be starting my NSTs any time now.

QOTW: I like football (I'm a 49ers fan), but I LOVE basketball.  DH and I are season ticket holders for our local NBA team.  The season is starting soon, so I'm looking forward to being able to go to the games!

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Hi Everyone!  Carolee--I'm glad your bloodwork came back with good results.  Still in a holding pattern until my OB appt. next week (10/12).  My exercise is usually walking & weight training (I have dumbbells at home).  I've slacked off this week b/c of work & my ankles swelling, so I'm trying to stay off of them as much as possible.  I had to temporarily retire my wedding rings.  Now that the swelling (mild) is kicking in, it's tough to get them off.  As much as it sucks, I don't want to risk having them cut off.  I also started my baby registry.  Can't believe how much stuff is on there!  Lastly, looks like I'm going to need to start wearing an apron when I cook.  I don't notice that food has gotten on my shirt until I either walk by a mirror, or my shirt moves up enough for me to see. Embarrassed

QOTW: I'm a Philly girl (but live in NJ) so I love the Eagles, Flyers, & Phillies.  I'm not a big NBA fan, but I'll watch the Sixers if they're on.  I'm also a college basketball (Philly Big 5 teams) & football fan (Penn State).  DH is a lacrosse coach, so I've learned to love that sport as well!

Have a great week everyone!

BFP#1: 10/29/11 EDD: 7/14/12 MMC: 12/28/11 BFP#2: 5/17/12 EDD: 1/27/13 Trevor was born on 1/21/13! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 8e4774ee-d2a4-4dd5-9180-492d059e568e_zpsb44e90d8.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Carolee ... So sorry things are going way less than smoothly. I will keep praying for good growth and no more scariness..darnit!

Update - my baby shower was this afternoon. It was really overwhelming to feel so much love and support, and also making me feel like this is really happening. No more maybes! GD is going ok. No complaints! I start my weekly u/s with BPP next Tuesday. 

QOTW - I am a huge sports fan. My teams are the Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Cubs, Green Bay Packers...and I just love watching most anything college football or basketball. Sports center is one of my favorite shows! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
  • I'm new to the Sunday ticker. My dates were changed at our u/s Wednesday. Went in due to miscarriage in late June and early spotting this time and found two heart beats. One baby is measuring 7 weeks today and other is 6w 5d. Don't have another appointment until October 30. 

I don't have a lot time to be a sports fan but I do like to keep up on the Iowa Hawkeyes. Have lived in Iowa my whole life. DH has always been a Vikings fan we went to a game on New Years  Day. 

I'm excited to join you ladies!!!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sorry to hear about your hematologist appointment! That was awful what he said to you! 

How was everyone's week? Please update us on any appointments you may have had, concerns/joys, or any other random pregnancy thoughts! Thankfully baby has been very active since my scare last week. But today is the one year mark of my first loss and I'm having a rough time with it. I love my baby that I have now, but I hate these milestones for my angel babies.

QOTW: Are you a sports fan?  What sports/teams do you like? I love baseball. The Yankees are my team, but my dad is a huge Phillies fan so I also gotta throw them some love.

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Somehow I missed this yesterday!

Carolee- Thank you so much for thinking of Faith and me last week. I got through the milestones pretty well. I'm sorry your appt sucked :( I bet the language barrier hindered his communication.

I have an u/s tomorrow and am hoping to ask for *maybe* a guess on the sex. I'm 90% sure it's a boy this time.

QOTW: I love pro football. I will watch any team, but I'm a Tennessee Titans fan (unfortunately for me this season). We get to go to most of the home games.

imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • My internet was down sunday so I am updating today...I am 16 weeks now...Yay...My dr. appointment went great. We found out we were having another sweet little boy and actually got our office completely cleaned out this weekend and the room is now ready to paint and be turned into our nursery. :)

QOTW: I like all sports but college football is my favorite and I am a Florida Gator fan.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Update: I'm a day late on this, but I am now 9 weeks, which is more pregnant than I've ever been! We had a fantastic u/s on Friday. It really could not have gone any better. We have a strong heartbeat and LO was so much bigger than s/he was just a week and a half ago at our emergency u/s (for spotting). I have not had any spotting since and everything is just going really smoothly! FX it stays that way!

QOTW: I love me some football. I only cheer on our local NFL team and my college team, but I am die hards for both. I really don't care about any other teams, though, if I don't have a vested interest in them. DH, on the other hand, watches practically every game, does fantasy football, etc. I am a bit of a sports widow!

Carolee, sorry you're having a rough time. I am keeping you in my T&Ps and hope everything starts looking more positive soon!

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • I'm a little late this week, sorry!  Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Carolee- I hope  growth keeps looking good for you and I am so glad your bloodwork looked good.  I completely understand being terrified at this point.  

Update:  I was hospitalized this weekend again (which is why I am so behind this monday).  BP had spiked on Saturday so they wanted to run labs.  I was able to head home after monitoring with some specific instructions to monitor very closely and to come back in if anything changed.  I have an appt. with my dr. today so hopefully things are still looking okay, and another ultrasound on Friday to check on baby's growth.  Honestly, I am trying so hard not to be anxious and terrified, but I think it is a losing battle at this point.

QOTW:  I am not really a sports person, but my DH and brothers are into baseball and football so I do watch occasionally.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My blood sugar monitoring started 4 days ago and things are going well. It's a tedious task to keep track of but well worth it.

My shower actually went well despite some minor issues. My expectations are low for my Mom and that actually helped a lot. In her own way, she did the best she could and I appreciate it. My family members were upset for me but I was so thankful and overwhelmed by everyone's love and support that I can't possibly complain. The bottom line is they were all there to celebrate my baby and that is very special to me.

I'm not into any particular sport but i watch a lot basketball and football with my husband.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12
    BFP #2 - 4/5/2012 - Son Born 12/12/12
    BFP #3 - 2/2/2014 - EDD 10/16/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"