January 2013 Moms
Options

What size baby clothing to have in closet and drawers?

One of my goals today is to weed through the clothing items we already have and begin getting organized. I know we have clothing up to 12 months so my question is . .what sizes should I leave in the closet and drawers? Should I leave items up to 9 months out? Space isn't really much of an issue but I want to make the best use of the space we have.

Re: What size baby clothing to have in closet and drawers?

• Options
    We are using a large dresser for our changing table top so in one of the drawers I was going to organize diaper stuff and in the rest daily clothes. I'll put the larger sizes in the bottom drawers (if they will all fit, if not I might put them in a tote in the closet). Then I'll just rotate the sizes out as LO grows.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

Hmm... this is probably going to look different for everyone.  We keep all of our stuff in drawers and only hang up things like coats or shirts that might get wrinkly.  I organize our drawers by size.  If you have the space I'd just put everything away by size.  If you don't have the space then I'd at least organize things by size maybe up to 3-6 months?  Because you'll get there pretty fast!

When we had DS we also had clothes up to 12 months and I think I pretty much had stuff sorted out by each size group.  I may have combined the 6-9 and 9-12 stuff at first because we had more stuff in smaller sizes at the beginning.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I put current use clothes in the dresser, and everything else in the closet. I have only a few current use clothes that get hung up, like coats and collared shirts (none of which the baby has anyway). I'm currently not putting up any baby clothes. I am keeping the tags on everything and in their store bags with the receipt. Because newborn size is a bit of an unknown element, I'll probably just wash the coming home outfit, and once the baby is born, rip the tags and wash the rest of the newborn and 0-3 clothing if I don't need to return any for different sizes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagesbevmc09:

Hmm... this is probably going to look different for everyone.  We keep all of our stuff in drawers and only hang up things like coats or shirts that might get wrinkly.  I organize our drawers by size.  If you have the space I'd just put everything away by size.  If you don't have the space then I'd at least organize things by size maybe up to 3-6 months?  Because you'll get there pretty fast!

When we had DS we also had clothes up to 12 months and I think I pretty much had stuff sorted out by each size group.  I may have combined the 6-9 and 9-12 stuff at first because we had more stuff in smaller sizes at the beginning.  

This is what I was thinking too...I don't think we will use much closet space. I'd rather have the baby clothes in drawers.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    For me, I used the closet for the majority of the stuff and organized by size in there. I used drawers for blankets, socks, hats, bed sheets, etc. but that's just what I felt worked for us. I had a lot more closet space than dresser space. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am really funny about keeping the sizes together.  My mom always yells at me for being so "anal" about it.  We generally keep up to 6mos or so in the drawers ( or up to what you have space for).  We also have a basket on the change table shelf that keeps the white onesie undershirts so they are always accessable during diaper changes.  We hang "dress clothes" and anything else that might get too wrinkled in the drawer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesbevmc09:

This is such a good idea!  I haven't even gotten this far into our nursery planning but will definitely have to keep this in mind.

• Options

imageamnat84:
    I was reading an article today that said to group by size and then use either closet or drawer dividers to keep them separated.  They also suggested putting large sizes in canvas bins until you are ready for them.  Thought those were both great ideas.  The drawers in our dresser are fairly large so that could help keep that space organized better.

Nice ideas. I planned to create some DIY dividers to help know what sizes were where in the closet. Our drawers aren't huge so I could use just one drawer or maybe two per size. I have a few plastic totes and figure I'll keep the larger sizes in there till we need them. 

• Options
    organize by size in the closet - i left the hangers from the store with the tags on them so i'd know or else you could make a cute little size divider and then you'll know. just leave them all in the closet in order then when you need the next size they are washed and ready to go!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

image2u2wow:
    organize by size in the closet - i left the hangers from the store with the tags on them so i'd know or else you could make a cute little size divider and then you'll know. just leave them all in the closet in order then when you need the next size they are washed and ready to go!

I'm planning to DIY some dividers. I think I'll probably wash up to about 6 months because I don't want things getting dusty. Going to do my best to wait till after or around Thanksgiving to start washing. 

I just spent about an hour dividing out sizes, etc. For anyone wanting to do the same, I found it easiest to write the sizes on a post it and then work using the floor and top of the dresser. I laid everything we had out divided by size. I then put the post it in the drawer with the items after I put them away, so when we get more or gifts over the next few months I can add them to the right area. 

• Options

We hang everything but pjs, "house" pants and onesies, that go on shelves in the closet, which is really big, however we only have one season out at the time so for when DD will be born we'll have out only NB and 0-3, then around may I'll take out the 3-6 and some summery 6-9 and so on

We've always done the same thing with DS

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

I have 3 draws in my changing table. I put newborn and 0-3 months pajamas in one drawer, newborn and 0-3 months regular clothes in another, and the top drawer for diapers/wipes etc.

Everything else is put away until she gets a little bigger and starts fitting different sizes. It's all separated and labeled for easy access when the time comes :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"