April 2013 Moms
Options

Vent

Is anyone else' boss being totally not understanding at all about your pregnancy? I've had a lot of appointments and my boss is giving me a hard time about it. I always make them first thing in the morning or one of the last appointments of the night so that I'm not missing huge amounts of work. I'm also working 43-45 hours a week right now when only 38 is usually required of me. A few weeks ago, my doctor sent me for an echocardiogram to make sure that a heart condition that I have isn't being made worse by my pregnancy. My boss threw a fit and told me I needed to bring in a note saying that this procedure is medically necessary. Last time I checked, they don't do U/S's on your heart for sh!ts and giggles. Then I told her that I needed to be off an hour early one day in October for my next appointment. She got all irritated and asked how often I have to see my doctor. I told her every 4 weeks until I'm 28 weeks, then ever 2 weeks after that. She came back with "I didn't have to go to the Dr. that much when I was pregnant!"...well, yeah. You were pregnant like 45 years ago. Things have changed. UGH.

Elisabeth Lee "Ella"
Born April 14, 2013

Hey, pretty girl, it feels so right, 
Just like it's meant to be
All wrapped up in my arms so tight
Hey, pretty girl, it feels so right
Life's a long and winding ride
Better have the right one by your side
And happiness don't drag its feet
Time moves faster than you think

Re: Vent

• Options
    What a wench. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. No one should have to. I'm very lucky that my bosses are extremely understanding and accommodating. Maybe she's just stressed and taking it out on you?  If she continues to be like that, would you feel comfortable going to HR? That's just not right. I hope it gets better for you!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    Eeks! I work in a very corporate world, my boss is unrelated to hr and scheduling! I like it that way! Hang in there, stand your ground and try not to get too stressed out!
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh ,that sucks. Sounds like cause for HR intervention, actually.

I work with all men.  If I make any mention whatsoever of anything to do with my pregnacny, they just smile and say "great!"  I think they are worried I"ll start talking about my period. ;-)

No, seriously, they are great -- all funny, smart-alecy tech nerd guys, and all married with kids so they are totally understanding (including my boss).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Do you get sick time?

At my office, I simply let my boss know I have medical appointment and account for it on my time sheet.  They have no idea if I'm seeing a doctor, dentist, or attending an OB appt with my partner.  It is my sick time to use for anything that qualifies.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    Or discretionary time. If you use this time it's none of her business anymore. You can just let her know you will be using an hour of discretionary time on (insert date). The end. (it's never that easy is it! : ) )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Talk about a hostile work environment! Sorry you have to deal with a boss with such a horrible attitude towards your pregnancy. It sounds like you are giving her plenty of notice and scheduling your appointments in the most considerate way possible. I agree with everyone else. It might be time to get HR involved. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!! My bosses suck about my pregnancy too. My immediate boss is an unmarried woman who has no life outside of the office and the head of our company is the same way. It stinks!!

And I am the very first pregnant person in the history of our entire company. Basically, I hate going to work now.

Hang in there. Hopefully things will get better. You are obviously putting in a ton of hours, so they really have no reason to get mad at you for leaving early here and there! Stupid offices!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh! Sorry you are having to deal with this. I am telling my boss on Friday and I am nervous after reading this!
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"