June 2013 Moms

Holy Mother of Thirst!

Seriously, I think I drank four 32ounce jugs of water yesterday only to wake up with "kitten tongue" again. I googled it last night and apparently our bodies have to increase our blood supply by 30% or something like that during the first trimester. I just don't know how much more water I can drink. I've got serious dry mouth all day so just keep chugging. I bought some hard candies yesterday but they didn't seem to help much. Anyone else having this?  I'm going to try trimming some salt from my diet. No point making it worse. And maybe drinking an extra glass of water before bed to get me through the night.

on the plus side, it's a gorgeous rainy day here in lovely Arkansas. Hope ya'll have a great Sunday! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here comes Baby Rob #3
 BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

Re: Holy Mother of Thirst!

• I've been incredibly thirsty as well. Cutting the salt will help some but I think this is just what it is for us, for now lol. As for drinking a glass before bed, not a good idea. I did that the other day thinking the same as you and had to get up in the middle of night. Now I just drink a few sips before bed.

• Me too!! I drink so much yet still wake up thirsty. I've also been craving Campbells Italian wedding soup which has a lot of sodium which isn't good.
    Mama to Sophie Virginia
    born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

• Loading the player...
  • I've been getting "kitten tounge" too. It's terrible. It reminds me of when I have the flu.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep, same here! With my first pregnancy, it was one of my first symptoms. I remember going to the water fountain to refill my water bottle so many times that co-workers were commenting about how much water I was drinking.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• I'm glad I'm not alone! I cannot keep my water bottle filled! Good idea to trim back on the sodium. I'm going to try that as well.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • I also noticed a few weeks ago I was drinking a TON of water- I had a cold at the same time so thought it was from that, and maybe it was a combo of the two, but I definiately crave water/liquids more now. And yes, I pee a lot. :)

image image

• imageTaraW1979:

I've been getting "kitten tounge" too. It's terrible. It reminds me of when I have the flu.

I love how you phrased that :) I laughed...I have been exstreamly thirsty too. I feel like a camel on empty...lol...Tring to fill my humps :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same issue. On any given day I'm consuming about 100 ounces of water. No wonder I always have to pee!

Lilypie - (IkIG)

Daisypath - (30fE)

• imageConnieRob:

Seriously, I think I drank four 32ounce jugs of water yesterday only to wake up with "kitten tongue" again. I googled it last night and apparently our bodies have to increase our blood supply by 30% or something like that during the first trimester. I just don't know how much more water I can drink. I've got serious dry mouth all day so just keep chugging. I bought some hard candies yesterday but they didn't seem to help much. Anyone else having this?  I'm going to try trimming some salt from my diet. No point making it worse. And maybe drinking an extra glass of water before bed to get me through the night.

on the plus side, it's a gorgeous rainy day here in lovely Arkansas. Hope ya'll have a great Sunday! 

This just happened to me last night. I was worried that it was because I was dehydrated. I was trying not to worry about the affect on the baby. I feel a little better knowing I am not alone.  Thanks for sharing :).

**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • This post is making me thirsty...again Stick out tongue
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"