Nurseries and Baby Gear

favorite thermometer

What is your favorite thermometer post-newborn time? I am getting a rectal thermometer for those first few months, but I know that as time goes on a wiggly baby might need an ear or temporal thermometer. Do you have on you think is pretty good and accurate?
1 Baby Girl 12/28/12 
#2 due 11/28/14
2 Angel Babies 9/11, 2/12

Re: favorite thermometer

• We have been very happy with the cheap digital thermometer that the hospital gave us when DS was born. I would wait on buying a more $$$ thermometer until after LO is here. Rectal thermometers really give you the best read for temperatures for babies. MIL gave us a forehead thermometer but it really doesn't seems to be accurate. 
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have a Vicks brand underarm thermometer, love it, so easy to use
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Summer Infant Three-In-One Thermometer - it's been great so far because you can choose rectal, underarm, or mouth style just by switching out the adapter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in the same boat as you... but I thought I'd mention that Consumer Reports had high ratings for the Vicks Forehead Thermometer.  I've also heard many moms speak highly of the Exergen Temporal Lobe Thermometer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have gone through several thermometers...and the winner hands down is the Braun ThermoScan Ear Thermometer.  It is a little pricey as far as thermometers go but it works super fast (2-3 seconds) and is accurate (I have brought it with me to Dr's appt to compare the temp they get there with our thermometer and it is right on)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have the Exergen Temporal Lobe Thermometer and it has been great, we started using it on DD around 6 months and she's 3 now and likes to take her own temperature. It's had some use (see above statement... not a toy) so I am looking at replacing. I may look at the 3 in 1 as a PP suggested, only because it would be nice to have all options in one unit. We'll see though!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We used the one the hospital gave us for the first month or so, then we got a spare and I got this one Safety First three-tip which had options for underarm as well as oral and rectal.

But we then swapped to this Braun one which is the same one as our pediatrician uses for well check visits. 

• I've had the Vicks rectal thermometer for use when DS was little but I juts pruchased an Exergen on sale and like it. You'll still want a rectal to get a reading for the doctor but I like being able to get a baseline check with the temporal without having to take all his clothes off. A lot of times I think he feels warm but really doesn't have a fever so this avoids sticking him in the rear unneccessarily.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"