August 2012 Moms

Dairy Queen

If my MIL calls me the "dairy queen" one more time...

Seriously, she announces to anyone within earshot that my son "needs to go see the dairy queen" and when I told her he wasn't hungry and that he was tired she said "poor baby, the dairy queen is closed".

We were at their house tonight and I walked by on the way to the bathroom and she shouts "look! There goes the dairy queen!"

I'm gonna lose my shiz next time I tell ya.

Anyone else being called something funky? Or would constantly being called the dairy queen annoy you? I'm sure I'm overreacting but it's so obnoxious!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dairy Queen

• That is a gross nickname. I'd be just as annoyed. Thankfully, I haven't been called anything past "mama" BUT I don't like it and always refer to myself as "mommy."
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I was hoping the post was going to be about ice cream. I love their Dilly Bars and Blizzards.

But, that nickname is nasty. Sorry you have to deal with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • haha that is awful, I'm only referred to as mommy. But I personally tell LO that the breastaurant is open for business.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • imageLindsayDesigner:
    I was hoping the post was going to be about ice cream. I love their Dilly Bars and Blizzards. .

Dont forget the cherry dipped cones! Yum!

I would totally do the fake smile/laugh and then finally tell her its not okay to compare people to cows. Oh MILs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lol. I'm sorry, it's funny how people can say the dumbest shiz and think they are so freakin funny. Maybe you can come up with a nice nn for her...

Im kinda sad, I thought the post was going to be about a super good thing you had from the real Dairy Queen.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepunkrockabye:
    haha that is awful, I'm only referred to as mommy. But I personally tell LO that the breastaurant is open for business.

LOVE IT! I call her my little calf sometimes. Its one of those things that it's ok for you to do it, but not other people.

I made pumpkin pie and whipped cream to bring to dinner at my brothers house, and they asked me if I used my cream or cream from the store. I was a little creeped out by that.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awe, I too thought this was about ice cream! I want a peanut butter cup blizzard.  That nn is awful though and I would be annoyed too! My mil doesn't have a nn for me but always tells lo when I go to pick her up from visiting(we live on the same street, Lord help me) "OK lil girl, you have to go with mommy, I guess but don't worry grandma will get you tomorrow." She also refers to her car seat as being in prison.  I bite my tongue a lot!
  • imagepunkrockabye:
    haha that is awful, I'm only referred to as mommy. But I personally tell LO that the breastaurant is open for business.

Breastaurant... That's hilarious!
  • imagehalvorsonl00:

I made pumpkin pie and whipped cream to bring to dinner at my brothers house, and they asked me if I used my cream or cream from the store. I was a little creeped out by that.  

Ewww! I would be creeped out too. Who says that??? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dh calls me "food" and says that he's going to teach DD to call me Food instead of Mommy.  When DD starts crying and he can't get her to calm down he brings her down the hallway yelling "FOOOOOD!!  WE NEED YOU, FOOD!!!"  If it was anybody else it would drive me nuts.  DH is lucky I love him :)
  • imageTash13:
    Dh calls me "food" and says that he's going to teach DD to call me Food instead of Mommy. nbsp;When DD starts crying and he can't get her to calm down he brings her down the hallway yelling "FOOOOOD!! nbsp;WE NEED YOU, FOOD!!!" nbsp;If it was anybody else it would drive me nuts. nbsp;DH is lucky I love him :

I'm not sure why but this is totally cracking me up. As in I just scared dh because I burst out laughing.

Op that's really annoying.

I want a cookie dough blizzard and I'm on a diet. Thanks mil!!

No nicknames here but we want to teach DS sign language so we are doing milk as one of the first ones. You basically look like you are squeezing a cow part... not sure why it said that word was spam!!! I'm pretty sure e will call me milk at first!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"