March 2012 Moms

We had an earthquake and aftershocks... WTF

about 45 minutes ago a 3.4 hit north texas .. and my lil man slept right through it haha. gotta love this kid.  I was in our bathroom unblocking our sink when it hit... after the quake I unblocked it with an old wire hanger and pulled out a toothbrush.. WTF
.. not only was there a toothbrush down my drain..it was a toothbrush we never owned. So I guess it's been there a while cos we lived here 2 an a half years now haha 

funny old night and now I am off to bed...Huh?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: We had an earthquake and aftershocks... WTF

• Random toothbrush AND an earthquake?!?!? Your life sounds like one of my fvcked up dreams! hahaha!
  • Lol! Your kid is pretty awesome. Peyton wakes up if I sneeze and we sleep in different rooms!
  • Loading the player...
  • I didnt k ow they hit tx! I'm I'm ca and keep waiting for one they seem to hit middle of night
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • lol we don't suppsoedly .. I think this is only the second one in the whole 6 years I have been here, Cleburne, TC apparenlty has had a lot in the last year or so and they are blaming it on drilling.

.. you have them all the time in CA, you just don't feel them for the most part  .. Cali has had 5 in the last hour. 

Depends what part of Cali you are in too, I used to be right on the San Andreas, in San Jose. 

If you think you are still waiting for your first one.. you should bookmark this website .. if it's in your part of Cali you should feel anything over a 2.5 - 3 without any probs.  https://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

We had a 3.5 and it felt a bit like sonic boom ( for anyone who  has ever lived near a base  lol )  or a truck hitting the house followed by a rumble... and aftershocks are usually smaller rumbles.  Or at least that's how they felt to me.   I think the most we ever had when I was in Cali was a 4.5 and that was in the middle of a giants game... lol.. a few of my friends got the *** scared out of them at that game  .. If I remember rightly every point is double the previous  so it might seem like a small number but it can be quite significant.

One day if I get time I will post my first ever earthquake experience and  it will explain why you never ever try to "rescue" your animals and put them somewhere safe in a quake lol. Poor kitty will fare a lot better than you will *rolleyes  and it gave the native Californians a good laugh at my expense .. what the hell.. you live an learn

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad you all are safe!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• imageWipz:
    lol we don't suppsoedlynbsp;.. I think this is only the second one in the whole 6 years I have been here, Cleburne, TCnbsp;apparenlty has had a lot in the last year or so and they are blaming it on drilling... you have them all the time in CA, you just don't feel them for the most partnbsp; .. Cali has had 5 in the last hour.nbsp; Depends what part of Cali you are in too, I used to be right on the San Andreas, in San Jose.nbsp;
    If you think you are still waiting for your first one.. you should bookmark this website .. if it's in your part of Cali you should feel anything over a 2.5 3 without any probs.nbsp; https://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/We had a 3.5 and it felt a bit like sonic boom for anyone whonbsp; has ever lived near a basenbsp; lol nbsp; or a truck hitting the house followed by a rumble... and aftershocks are usually smaller rumbles.nbsp; Or at least that's how they felt to me.nbsp;nbsp; I think the most we ever had when I was in Calinbsp;was a 4.5 and that was in the middle of a giants game... lol.. a few of my friends got the *** scared out of them at that gamenbsp; .. If I remember rightly everynbsp;point is double the previousnbsp; so it might seem like a small number but it cannbsp;be quite significant.nbsp;One day if I get time I will post my first ever earthquake experience andnbsp; it will explain why you never ever try to "rescue" your animals and put them somewhere safenbsp;in a quake lol. Poor kitty will fare a lot better than you will rolleyesnbsp; and it gave the native Californians a good laugh at my expense .. what the hell.. you live an learn

Lol oh I've felt them I lived in sf 17 yrs and now right outside and they suck! I haven't felt any since the baby yet and need to actually update my kits for her. Luckily our house was just built so if it comes down it will be due to a huge one. Argh
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"