1st Trimester

Do you use a pregnancy pillow?

I am normally a stomach sleeper, though I had spent some time pre-conception trying to train myself to sleep on my side.  I am not sure what's going on lately, but I have been waking up in the mornings feeling incredibly sore in my stomach.  I'm not sure if I'm twisting weird, or rolling over on my stomach, or what.  I also wake up incredibly stiff and sore on the side I am sleeping on.  I am considering getting a pregnancy/maternity pillow.  Does anyone use one?  What kind do you recommend?

Re: Do you use a pregnancy pillow?

• imageDancether:
    I am normally a stomach sleeper, though I had spent some time pre-conception trying to train myself to sleep on my side.  I am not sure what's going on lately, but I have been waking up in the mornings feeling incredibly sore in my stomach.  I'm not sure if I'm twisting weird, or rolling over on my stomach, or what.  I also wake up incredibly stiff and sore on the side I am sleeping on.  I am considering getting a pregnancy/maternity pillow.  Does anyone use one?  What kind do you recommend?

I was a stomach sleeper before I got pregnant with DS. When it started becoming uncomfortable I started sleeping on my side holding a regular body pillow and keeping it between my legs. Once I bought it, I slept so comfortably for the rest of the pregnancy.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I remember feeling the exact same way while pregnancy with my DS. Sore stomach, sore ribs, back pain... That's when my husband got me a really great pregnancy pillow as a surprise and it helped me tons. I don't remember what it was called, but it was basically a huge U shaped pillow. Put the U upside down and you head goes at the top and your back and belly are supported by the sides. 

It certainly did the trick for me. It's too big to use right now, the only down side to the pillow but when I am bigger and in pain, it'll be time for hubby to make room for the pillow. lol  

• Loading the player...
  • I had one with dd, i think it was called a snoogle. It was pretty great! It got all dusty in our basement and it's not really washable (the cover is,but it's SUPER hard to get it back on), so we may in the market for another one as I get further along :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • When I was pregnant with DD the pregnancy pillow (or a good sleeping wedge depending on your needs) is one of the best investments I made. They can be expensive, but the rest you get with one is worth its weight in gold. Go for the pregnancy pillow!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I've been waking up with back and side aches lately as well. I am trying to practice and sleep on my left side as recommended. I am now 15 weeks pregnant.

I bought one last night at Babies R US for $64 (Preggle body Pillow). They are pretty pricey. But I am happy i got one. Last night i slept better than ever and i didn't have have my husband move around on the bed to find different comfy spot throughout the night. He was pretty happy this morning. I say go for it.  

• When not preg, I use a regular body pillow. Last pregnancy I did use a pregnancy pillow, although not until well into my 2nd Tri. The one that I have is shaped like this and I adore it!

https://www.diapers.com/p/leachco-snoogle-chic-sunny-circles-84180

ETA: Sorry, I can't make it clicky. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a full-body boppy pillow.  It is awesome!  It takes me a few minutes before bed to get it just right, but once I do it pretty much stays put all night and it has helped my back pain a ton!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Get a snoogle!!!!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used a body pillow in my second and third trimester.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"