Infertility

ER question

I most likely will have my ER on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I really need to go to a night grad school class on Tuesday.  If my ER was on Tuesday morning early, would I be able to sit in a 3 hour class from 6-9 on Tuesday night?  Do you feel that bad hours after the ER or do you think I would be able to make class?
7/18/12-1st RE appointment CD2 blood work taken. Told to move straight to IVF. Starting BC pills and FSH injections plus Lupron. Hopefully doing ET in September Off BCP March 2011 Started TTC July 2011 7 months TTC with no luck an then.... Diagnosed 2/24/12 with 2 Ovarian Cysts. 3/22/12-Lap to remove cysts, look for endo, and see if tubes are clear. 3/22/12-Diagnosed with Severe Endo(tubes are clear). 4/4/12-Post op OBGYN appointment. Told chances of conceiving naturally are very low, but told conceiving in the next few months is our best chance due to being cleaned out during Lap. Referred to a RE. RE said IVF is our only chance to get pregnant. Told only a 20% chance even with two put in. 9/5-Lupron 9/20 Stims(Menopur & Follistim) 9/30 Trigger time 10/2 ER 10/3 fert report-out of 7 eggs retrieved only 2 fertilized. Hello "Thing 1 and Thing 2!" Kinda sad there is none to freeze. Because only 2 we will have 2DT to get them back into a natural envionment 10/4 ET. Found out that only 1 divided. We love you "Thing 2." Thing 1 is now snuggled inside me and we are praying it will be our take home baby! **Did not even make it to my beta, the day before on 10/16/12 I got my F'in period** Such a stab in the heart. Nov 2012-Moving onto domestic newborn adoption! Can't wait for my take home baby. We will try IVF again after 1-2 years of a clear head. Need a break from infertility treatments/issues for my mental sanity! image

Re: ER question

• After my ER, I was just really tired.  When I got home, I took a 2-3 hour nap and then just laid around all day.  I probably went to bed earlier than normal (but I don't remember for sure).  It really depends on how you react to the anesthesia.  I guess if I'd *had* to, I may have been able to sit through a class though.

ETA - I did have some pain and bloating as well.  They gave me a prescription pain pill that definitely helped (and didn't seem to make me drowsy).  So, again, if I *had* to go, I may have been able to but I really wouldn't have wanted to.

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Everyone is different and responds differently to the procedure. I have read that a lot of people are really tired for the day and some have moderate cramping/bloating. Heck I even read about a girl who went to the beach the following day! But I developed OHSS and thought I was dying, sorry I don't mean to scare you. I honestly think you should plan to not go, and if you feel up to it then maybe you can go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • After three ERs, I'd say I could sit through 3 hours of class. The day after I'm a little sore/bloated but the day of I've always been fine. GL!
    TTC#1 
    BFP 2/14/11, missed m/c 9 weeks. d&e 3/24/11
    BFP 12/10/11 d&e at 13wk+4days 2/17/12
    Dx with Balanced Robertsonian Translocation (13;14) moving on to IVF w/ PGD
    IVF #1 (May 2012) 13R, 10F, 5 blasts, ONE NORMAL frozen no transfer
    IVF #2 (July 2012) 17R, 8F, 5  blasts, ONE NORMAL 6dt on 7/12/2012- c/p
    IVF #3 (Sept. 2012) 39R, 25F, 13 blasts,  3 NORMALS! Freeze-all due to high E2.
    FET #1 10/23- 2 expanded blasts, Beta #1 11/1- 113, Beta #2 11/4-351, Beta #3 11/7- 1213
    Hailey Michelle born July 12, 2013

TTC #2 
    FET -1/14- c/p
    IVF #4 (Feb 2014)- 49R, 28F, 13 blasts, 7 NORMALS! eSET of a normal blast on 2/24/14, 6 frosties.
    Beta #1 3/4/14- 105. Beta #2 3/7/13- 397 EDD-11/11/14. 1st u/s 3/20- 6w2d lil' bean with 120hb. 7w0d- lil bean's hb was 144. Graduated from RE 3/25/14.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm usually pretty tired after an ER. It all depends on you though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My ER was Friday am, and I didn't feel well enough to go out until Sunday am. Even then, I was still a bit sore, but more than anything I had a lot of gas/bloat pain. I think I tried to push myself back to reality too quick. The day of and after ER, I was very tired and slept all the time from the anesthia and hydrocodone.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• For my two ERs, I could have done it if I had to, but would have preferred not to. If you absolutely need to, you should probably be ok unless you're having serious signs of OHSS. Also, you're not really supposed to drive, so would your DH be able to bring you/pick you up?

Hopefully it works out! 

I suck at getting pregnant
    I really suck at staying pregnant
  • I had a little pressure pain and was extremely sleepy. Not sure if I would try it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"