November 2012 Moms

STM how ready are you?

I think I just need a couple boxes of diapers, wipes diaper genie liners and crib sheets and I'm ready for baby boy! Not freaking out near as much this go round since I already had the big stuff just needed a few little things......how ready are you?

Re: STM how ready are you?

• I would really like to have a sit and stand or some other kind of double stroller but it is something that I could go without as I use ring slings and wraps alot so we could make due with the stroller we have now for a while.  Other than that I am just stocking up on cloth diapers and other day to day supplies like shampoo, lotions, wipes as I find them on sale.  I do feel bad that this LO has nothing "new" waiting for him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have everything... I'm just scared of 2u2 now. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom came today to help me ready the room.  I need a crib mattress, but LO will be sleeping in our room for a while.  Other than that, we'll install the car seat around 38 weeks and we're done.  We're doing without quite a few things just because they're not "must haves".  With Christmas around the corner, we'll ask for gift cards to finish whatever we may need.

• NOT ready!!!

This biggest issue was getting DD1 in her "big girl room" - we moved her for her 4th birthday out of her toddler bed (the crib with the front off). I didn't want her to associate little sister with having to give up her bed, LOL!

Anyhow, now that she's settled, DH is painting the nursery & I guess I'll get on that once he's done...feels like so much to do! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had everything except for the bathtub, hands free pumping bra, preemie nipples, some pumping supplies... That's it. Just odds and ends. Not sure what happened to our old bath. I'm glad we finished everything early since he joined us early.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagevnstacie:
    We have everything... I'm just scared of 2u2 now.nbsp;

THIS
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eh, not so ready. We just moved 3 weeks ago, so her room (and the house) is a bit upside down right now. She'll be with us for the first 3 months or so, so I'm not too worried. And we spent the whole pregnancy transitioning DD1 out of the baby routine and baby furniture, so I consider that a big success! ;)

We've got the rocknplay ready to go, and a few loads of laundry to do, so overall we'll have what we need to start out with. 

• I'm not sure we NEED anything else right now except new paci's, but we'll make one last BRU stop before he comes.  His room is almost done, just needs decorating.  If he came now, it wouldn't be the end of the world.  Although I think I might wash some of his clothes today just to be ready!

And while I won't have 2u2, DD will be 2.5 and I'm still scared!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've got all the stuff...just not together.  I can't bring myself to get it all ready because then I'm just going to watch it for a good 3-4-5 more weeks!  So I'm waiting a couple of weeks to put things together :)

Haha, my username should read "3Girlsand1BoyMama"...with #5 on the way!  (and then we're done.)

Me, 33, DH, 32  DDs 9, 7, 4 and DS 2.  EDD #5 4-29-15

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think we just need diapers. I HATE that this baby will not have anything new. DD1 has all kinds of special gifts that she received from the baby shower, but this one won't have anything like that. I feel sad for her. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first family photo!

• Material-wise we are ready, although we just started on his room last week. We bought DD a toddler bed and put the crib in his room... And thats all that is in there. His closet is full (SERIOUSLY- I hit garage sales/sale hard) of clean washed clothes and we have a few packs of diapers. I have my pump from DD, but haven't replaced the new pump parts yet (but I have them). Really I just need to put up the PnP when he makes his arrival, and that will be it. I'll slowly put his room together. Sooner or later... lol. And its looking like later Wink

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • im probably going ptl. i dont feel prepared at all. but thats bc i thought i hd more time!!!

luckily my baby shower is next saturday! so hopefully we will get enough to last us. in the meantime i bought the bassinet and a pack of diapers. and wen i got out of the hosp for ptl and almost had lil make his arrival, we went and picked up the infant carseat and a couple preemie/nb outfits. they are washed and ready to be packed!

my daughter is using the "crib" bc its also her toddler bed. once im comfortable enough to move him into the crib we will buy DD a "big girl" bed and make her now toddler bed back into the crib for LO.

i think im prepared enough for the time being. but how ready are you ever really? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Is it weird that I feel was less prepared the second time around than I did the first? I think I'm freaking out more about the idea of actually HAVING 2 kids to take care of!
    "Stuff" wise, I'm set... believe it or not. I'm a little nervous to wash and put away DD's clothes. I have a lot of newborn stuff but I feel like she's gonna end up being to big!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not ready. We just got carpet installed in the upstairs of our house. Now we are waiting for nursery furniture from my sister. We still have to wash things and pull everything out of storage like bassinet, bouncy, swing, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm pretty much ready, the clothes are all washed and put away and I have some diapers bought. We just have to finish decorating the nursery although I'm not worried about this since DS2 will be in our room for awhile at first and we have to put the carseat into the cars. Other than that, I think I'm much more relaxed this time b/c I know now what I *must* have done (which isn't much in my opinion) for when LO comes home, last time I thought everything had to be ready and in place.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"