Baby Names

Too much "W"

The DH and I love the name Wyatt, however I'm concerned (he's not concerned) that it will not go with our last name which also starts with a W. I'm not going to try and disguise our last name or give you "sounds like" since it's in my profile name. I know silly me, but I signed up when I was getting married. ANYWAY, is it too much W (wuh sound)? Would you be bothered by it? Or, do you have any recommendations? We are just starting lists again. DS is Gavin.

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Too much "W"

• I don't think alliteration is that big a deal.  I have several friends who have the same first and last initial.
  • imagekaylynne:
    I don't think alliteration is that big a deal.  I have several friends who have the same first and last initial.

This!  It's more common than you think.  If you like the name, go for it!

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekaylynne:
    I don't think alliteration is that big a deal.  I have several friends who have the same first and last initial.

Appreciate the feedback! I knew I could get honest answers here. I suppose I also know individuals with the same first and last initial. I'm assuming it sounded funny because its a "W", which isn't the norm.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I kind of like alliteration, plus this is not too "much", if that makes sense. I think it would work for sure! 
  • imagekayjay10:

imagekaylynne:

This!  It's more common than you think.  If you like the name, go for it!

Thanks! We are just starting to make lists, but haven't found any other boys names besides this one.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think it sounds fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageswimiz500:
    I kind of like alliteration, plus this is not too "much", if that makes sense. I think it would work for sure! 

This all makes me feel much better about keeping it on my list. My DH thinks I'm silly when I analyze names. ha! It's hard coming up with names we both like that are shorter to go with our long last name! My name is 9 letters long and it stinks having an 11 letter last name. :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love alliteration with names.

Maybe that sounds silly, but I do. 

• I love Wyatt so much that the alliteration doesn't bother me!! Definantly keep it on your list.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not a fan of alliteration.  We have a W LN too. My BIL is Wayne W- and they have a cousin named Wyatt W-.  DH has a W MN too.  It's just too much for me.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • DS is Kohan K... since i liked the K way more then C. So WW i think is fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it sounds fine. We're using the same first letter for our daughter's FN as is our LN. I thought I'd be against it until I fell in love with the name Eloise & now I don't mind! [we have a lot of E sounds in her name]
  • I like it! Some alliterations do sound "too much," but I think Wyatt with your last name sounds good! I'd go for an alliteration name over a long first AND last name. If you like it, go for it!
  • I think it's fine! Go for it!!
  • I think it's fine. Honestly, it's when they are too rhymey/ sing songy that it turns immature and annoying.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • My first and maiden names start with a "J" and I always liked it. Alliteration never bothered me growing up.

That being said, I do think certain letters lend themselves to alliteration better. For example, Mike Myers flows well, doesn't sound like "too much". But a name like Quinn Quarters would be too much "Q".

So... If it seems like too much to you than maybe it is. But alliteration in general is fine :.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Alliteration sometimes bothers me, but in this case, I think it sounds fine.

Go for it!
  • I like it. It reminds me of Walt Whitman. :)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• i wouldn't worry about it. the two sound nice together anyway. 

i love Wyatt 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it's too much.  We have friends that named their son Wyatt William and their last name also starts with a W (although it's an R- sound). 
  • Generally I don't like alliteration, but I think this really works because the following vowel sounds are so different, and the "w" is kind of a soft sound so the vowel is the sound that stands out.  If that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"