Breastfeeding

Will it get better?

DD is 6 weeks old. I just recovered from a horrible bout of mastitis. I am still and have been from the get go getting clogged ducts in different areas on both breasts every other day. Breastfeeding has been amazing and no problems with LO at all. My LC said that hormones are so up and down until 3 months PP so this is normal. I honestly just don't have the time to do warm compresses, massages, cold packs etc all day every day! I have a 2 year old at home so it's been difficult having these reoccurring plugged ducts. All of my bfeeding friends are shocked and said they maybe got one plugged duct ever in their life. I am trying to drink a TON of water, eat healthy, etc.
does anyone else suffer from clogged ducts and constantly having to massage and do compresses ?? Any other ideas?? Does it really get better after the first three months?

Re: Will it get better?

• Do you have an oversupply issue?
    Certified Lactation Counselor Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, it gets better! I was the same way- leaking for months, clogged ducts every week and between 3-4 months things finally started calming down. Stick with it! There is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had many clogged ducts and pores. I try to up my vitamin C intake, rest, and take ibuprofen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • No oversupply issue now. I did in one breast and that happened to be the breast I got mastitis in. And then my supply decreased two weeks ago bc of the mastitis.
  • Some moms take soy lecithin to help reduce the risks of plugged ducts:

https://kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/lecithin/ 

It gets better though, I promise! You are strong enough to do this. Your gene poole exists today because of someone in your blood line breastfed. You got this, momma.

Certified Lactation Counselor Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've only had 2, in the same spot, same side. But both times it was after sleeping on that side. Make sure you aren't sleeping on your stomach. GL, hope it gets better soon.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • imagemmmm:
    Yes, it gets better! I was the same way leaking for months, clogged ducts every week and between 34 months things finally started calming down. Stick with it! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

This is exactly me, too. Had 4 bouts of mastitis and major oversupply. Now at almost 5 months I've done a 180. No leaks, mastitis, or oversupply issues in sight!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"