Baby Names
Options

Girl name help?

I know it's way early to be thinking about this, but I can't help it - it's fun! :) We already have a boy name picked out, so now I'm dreaming about girl names. This is what's on my list right now:

Ava
Eliana
Sophia
Annalise
Gianna
Olivia
Amelia
Julianna

(Geez, can you tell that I like names ending in A?)

Anyway, what's your fave? And, what would be a nice mn to go with it? 

DS1 2008 | DS2 2010 | DD 2013 (lost her twin brother at 37 weeks) | surprise BFP! DD2 due in November

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Girl name help?

• Options
    I like Anneliese, Juliana, and Amelia. Similar names I like are more would be Joanna/Johanna, and Amalia.

They are all fine names though.

Juliana Elise?
    est. 2007 | posting under a new name
    my fur babies
  • Options
    I like Annalise and Amelia the best. As for mns, do you have any family names that could work? I love family names in the mn spot personally. Also, it is never too early to think about cause you are right, it is so fun :) Congrats! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ava and Julianna.

• Options
    I like Ava, Eliana and Olivia.

Ava June
    Ava Elizabeth
    Eliana Noelle
    Eliana Mae
    Olivia Rosalie
    Olivia Violet
  • Options

I love them all!  What about Annalise Paige, Julianna Rose, Sophia Violet, Ava Juliet?

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is Annalise and we adore her name. Her mn is Catherine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm in the same boat as you - we have a boy name picked and now I can't stop thinking about girl names! 

I LOVE Amelia - I've considered that one as well :) I like Amelia Paige. I also love Sophia (or Sophie) and Olivia! But they're all really pretty choices!

For middle names, I think most of those would go well with a one-syllable name. They're mostly all 3-4 syllables, and you don't want sweet baby girl's name to be too much of a mouthfull! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ava- cute, but popular
    Eliana- not a huge fan
    Sophia- cute and the name of my adorable niece, but also popular
    Annalise- I really like this name
    Gianna- not my style
    Olivia- also cute, but popular
    Amelia- cute
    Julianna- cute, but not my favorite

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Options
    Thank you so much for all your help! :) I really love hearing your opinions/suggestions!

To the PP who asked - no, we don't really have a family name to use this time around for the mn, as we've already used a family name from my side for DS1's mn, and a family name from DH's side for DS2's middle name. Since this will be our last baby, DH and I have decided not to use a family name this time, so that we don't have to pick which side of the family to honor (if that makes sense). It just keeps things even.

Anyway, I really loved the responses! Keep 'em coming! :)
    DS1 2008 | DS2 2010 | DD 2013 (lost her twin brother at 37 weeks) | surprise BFP! DD2 due in November

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagegingerglory:

Ava Like, but it's too popular for me. I prefer Eva if you want something similar

Eliana Love
    Sophia Tired of it
    Annalise The large number of spelling possibilities takes it out of the running for me

Gianna Like
    Olivia Overdone
    Amelia Too trendy
    Julianna NMS, but classic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"