April 2013 Moms

Help me calm down! (rant/vent)

I had posted on Facebook asking if anyone knew of any oils I could burn that would help with nausea (coz everything just smells so bad right now, no matter how clean) and everything was going good, then this woman came on and started going off on how I shouldn't be drinking peppermint tea (WTF RANDOM)... So I told her that in both baby books I've read and my midwife have said peppermint tea is safe. Then she went on to say that Midwives are misinformed and advice from a "doctor" trumps anything a midwife says because they don't have doctorates.

My blood is boiling. She is completely misinformed about how midwives work. If she doesn't like them, fine, but I was pretty p!ssed to see someone act all high and mighty and how Doctors must know EVERYTHING. 

grrrrrrrr

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Help me calm down! (rant/vent)

• WTH do you even know this woman? People are so damn noisy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• lol don't even get me started on this particular girl. I am good friends with her husband and I dont think she likes that. she's one of those "know it alls".. I'm trying to ignore it as I don't want to start WW3 with her (because everything is with her) but when she said "dr trumps midwife" that made me so angry with her.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetairairat:
    You really can't argue with someone who views doctors as gods.  They won't admit that doctors are fallible, and that there are bad doctors as well as good doctors.  Granted, not all midwives are good midwives either, but that's no reason to be so close-minded.  Personally I'd feel sorry for her, if she's so convinced doctors know everything she'll never be the kind of patient who will be her own advocate, and that can be dangerous.

thanks.. yah.. she said "i did my research and I'd rather have a dr who went to school for over 10 yrs than a midwife for 4 yrs" 

a friend of mine chimed in and told her a bunch of facts about midwives and she started to backpeddle and say "i'm not dissing them. it works, but i know what i'd rather have"

• It's sad that your post went from a plea for help to a debate on whose more knowledgeable... doctors or midwives. If I were in your situation I would have completely ignored her response. Sometimes silence speaks louder than words!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemonica93555:
    It's sad that your post went from a plea for help to a debate on whose more knowledgeable... doctors or midwives. If I were in your situation I would have completely ignored her response. Sometimes silence speaks louder than words!

I know, right!! All I wanted was some oil burning suggestions!! LOL 

• imageGrace0609:
    imageRussianMommy:
    My blood is boiling. She is completely misinformed about how midwives work.
    Wait... Arent you the one who told someone having a high risk triplet pregnancy to dump her doctor and go to a midwife to solve all her problems yesterday? This has nothing to do with peppermint, but it did make me side eye you a little to see you say that someone ELSE didnt understand how midwives worked.

maybe I am misinformed about what is considered high risk, but I'm not misinformed about how midwives work. 

• My Dr. suggested peppermint tea also... It's a very common remedy for morning sickness nausea. That lady is an idiot. 

~ Christina ~
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"