3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone dealing with cholestasis???

I had extremely itchy palms and feet about a month ago that lasted about 6 or 7 nights.  It only came at night.  So I told my dr about it and he sent me to get my blood checked.  When the results came back in I was no longer itchy, and he said my bile acid levels were out of "range" but not crazy. He was thinking that I might have cholestasis.   So he wanted to do more blood work.  I'm waiting for the results to come in.  But for the last 2 days my feet have been crazy itchy again!  I was wondering if anyone who has cholestasis, how do you deal with the itchiness!  

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Anyone dealing with cholestasis???

• Options
    Just had my second cholestasis baby 9/2/12. The itch is horrible. I used sarna lotion you can find it at Walmart Walgreens cvs or any store like that. It does not give you much relief but that is the only lotion that will give you some type of relief even if its just for minutes! Also Benadryl, it does not help with the itch but it might let you sleep a bit. Not until I got prescribed  urso (medicine to treat cholestasis) did I get about 95% relief and it took about 2 weeks for the meds to kick in. Try cold packs on the itchy areas and cold baths. Heat will make it feel worse! Good luck 
  • Options
    Did you end up being induced with your pregnancys?  If so was at 38 weeks?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i also concern if I'm having cholestasis.  It only happens at night time when I'm hugging my snoogle body pillow.  The itchiness is unbearable.  I have to take Benadryl 50mg before the itchiness is gone.  It doesn't happen at any other time.  I have MFM appointment in 2 days.  I will bring this up to him.  Until then, I'll keep the Benadryl 50 mg before bed.  This is my 3rd night taking it when I started to have the symptoms.  Good luck to you and hope the blood test come back in negative!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"