September 2011 Moms
Options

Birthday wishes

Kaiden's party is next Sunday and I would like everyone to make a wish for his future. It has a baseball theme, but I can't think of anything baseball/wishing so I am going to have a paper cake with paper candles and flame. I want everyone to write the wish on the candle for a keepsake. Above it I will have the lyrics to the song, "my wish for you." I think I will do a couple for examples because I don't think everyone will 'get' it. I want it to be sentimental, not just, " to be rich and famous..." 

So what is your wish for your baby? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Birthday wishes

• Options

I did something similar for M's party. Something that I kept seeing on Pinterest and finally decided to do it. Time Capsule. I used note cards, but I was going to cut out Minnie Mouse face/ears for them to write on, but I didn't have time because I procrastinated. Your idea sounds so cute. I wanted people to write sentimental things, and listed a few examples. Some people followed my lead, but some people definitely weren't being sentimental in what they were writing. I was a bit disappointed, but maybe I shouldn't have been? I don't know.

My wish for M is that she grows up to become a loving and caring person like she's being taught. I wish for her to keep her head on straight and never stop short of her goals. She can do anything that she puts her mind to, and God as well as her family will always be behind her no matter what. 

When she turned 1, I wrote a long "note" to her. I wrote my thoughts and feelings, and how she has changed me in her first year. I put all of my feelings about her in there. I put my wishes for her in there as well. I want her to read it when she's older and know that Mommy loved her more and more with each day that passes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"