Overnight for 1 year old and wool/fleece question — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

Overnight for 1 year old and wool/fleece question

What do you use overnight for your LO? we currently use a GNHW with a premium Joeybunz and MF insert, but DS has started waking up wet and the inserts are completely saturated. So I'm thinking we need something alittle more substantial. What do you use for your "older" baby?

Also, do fleece and wool work just as well? Or is wool better? Why?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Overnight for 1 year old and wool/fleece question

• We had to switch around 9/10 months to a fitted diaper with a wool cover. I have tried a lot of different fitted diapers at different price points, and every one has worked when paired with a hemp doubler for overnight.

As for the fleece and wool debate, I have only ever used wool. Fleece is easier to wash, but you have to wash after every use. Wool is a little more time consuming to wash (but really easy to wash), and you only have to wash once or twice a month. I have never had a leak overnight when I use fitteds and wool.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I use a twinkie tush night night fitted with either Wild Coconut Wear or Sbish wool on top.  Occasionally I use Woollybottoms wool.  I have also used BubuBebe and Sbish fitteds overnight with success.  When DD was a heavier overnight wetter I added an extra hemp insert to the front (tummy sleeper). 

I have never used fleece, so I don't know how it compares to wool.  I only know you have to wash fleece after every use, whereas with wool I only wash/lanolize every few weeks.  

• image veruca5839:

I use a twinkie tush night night fitted with either Wild Coconut Wear or Sbish wool on top.  Occasionally I use Woollybottoms wool.  I have also used BubuBebe and Sbish fitteds overnight with success.  When DD was a heavier overnight wetter I added an extra hemp insert to the front (tummy sleeper). 

I have never used fleece, so I don't know how it compares to wool.  I only know you have to wash fleece after every use, whereas with wool I only wash/lanolize every few weeks.  

ditto both of the pp! Never used fleece so can't comment on it, but we switched to fitteds with wool overnight a couple months ago once I found out my LO was a heavy wetter. We use b4s overnight with WCW soakers/shorties/longies on top. I am looking into gmd workhorse fitteds for daytime use but they might work overnight too.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards