Nurseries and Baby Gear

Seven brand slings. Are they safe?

I've heard how baby wearing is very popular and how it's beneficial to you and baby.

But I've searched all over the net almost for reviews about Seven and I can't find any, it's like a taboo to speak about this brand. Now I'm pretty sure you all must have seen the ads in magazines or gotten a card in some goodie bag from a maturnity store for first time customers or something like that. Seven is that company that has those free codes for a free sling (and they do the same for nursing covers), you just pay shipping which is $11, which makes it sound like a really good deal because without the code they are $48. 

What makes it seem like a scam is that I haven't found anything about moms raving about how good the sling is or how it's worth that shipping price to just try out baby-wearing or if they even got one after placing the order. (or even if their nursing covers are awful) If they are putting codes out there like cheap cigars, then is the product even that quality? 

What do you think. Have you gotten one of there slings (or nursing covers), or know of anyone that has? Are they any good or does the seam break despite them claiming they work for newborns to toddlers (up to 35 lb).

Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Seven brand slings. Are they safe?

• The quality is terrible.  Not worth paying for the shipping for the "free" sling that they claim is worth $40.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I got one, as well as the car seat cover and nursing cover. I have a baby bjorn as well, but I figured I could throw the 7 slings in my diaper bag and use it in a pinch. It's not very impressive; just a loop of fabric, but you get what you pay for.

FWIW, I think the car seat cover and nursing cover from the same promo are nice quality and money well spent (as long as you get it for "free" and just pay shipping). The sling doesn't look like it's worth the cost of shipping, which is about $12.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagegnomemom:

I got one, as well as the car seat cover and nursing cover. I have a baby bjorn as well, but I figured I could throw the 7 slings in my diaper bag and use it in a pinch. It's not very impressive; just a loop of fabric, but you get what you pay for.

FWIW, I think the car seat cover and nursing cover from the same promo are nice quality and money well spent (as long as you get it for "free" and just pay shipping). The sling doesn't look like it's worth the cost of shipping, which is about $12.

I was just about to ask about the car seat cover (I forgot to ask about that with the nursing cover and sling.) and I'm just going to stick with my gut on their "promo" reusable nursing pads (which is to say they probably are carp)

The carseat cover looks like it's some what decent. But I'm probably going to hear that the fabric has issues, like the soft plushy side facing baby is made of fabric that sheds or the fabric is thin and is practically useless cuz it doesn't baby from light very well.  

But thanks to all who have responded so far. It's very helpful to know what other people think and if they are a good purchase or not.

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imageSaki67:
    imagegnomemom:

I got one, as well as the car seat cover and nursing cover. I have a baby bjorn as well, but I figured I could throw the 7 slings in my diaper bag and use it in a pinch. It's not very impressive; just a loop of fabric, but you get what you pay for.

I was just about to ask about the car seat cover (I forgot to ask about that with the nursing cover and sling.) and I'm just going to stick with my gut on their "promo" reusable nursing pads (which is to say they probably are carp)

The carseat cover looks like it's some what decent. But I'm probably going to hear that the fabric has issues, like the soft plushy side facing baby is made of fabric that sheds or the fabric is thin and is practically useless cuz it doesn't baby from light very well.  

But thanks to all who have responded so far. It's very helpful to know what other people think and if they are a good purchase or not.

You can find free patterns online to make the slings and nursing covers. I did this and gave them to my mother in law and she is making me a few slings and covers. 

A friend let me try out her Seven sling  with her baby and for what I want to use it for it is fine. I have RA and Fibro and my muscles are weak. I just want something as added support on days I have trouble lifting the baby.  I would not rely on it as a good sturdy sling for constant use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"