Babies: 3 - 6 Months

catching up on sleep?

My son naps terribly at daycare. He normally only takes two naps, usually 30-45 min long, and both in the morning. So when we pick him up, he's been up for 3, 4, 5 hours.  He goes to bed for the night around 5:30, and wakes up between 10-12, 3, 5, and on weekdays up at 630 to go to daycare. Today he woke up around 6 and was up for 2 hours then I put him down for a nap at 8AM, and he's been sleeping ever since (it's 11:40AM).  He did this last weekend too (basically slept all weekend + his normal night sleeping as noted above).  I think he already went through his three-month growth spurt, he is not sick and I don't believe teething. So is his weekend sleeping behavior "catching up" on sleep he doesn't get during the week?  

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: catching up on sleep?

• My DD1 has always taken longer naps on the weekend she just turned 2, and I always thought she was just catching up! I think they always sleep better at home than daycare.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • L takes really crappy naps at dc. On the weekends she sleeps a lot, long naps. She got up at 7:15 and has had 2 naps already, the last one being 2 hours. Im not sure if they are catching up or sleeping longer because it's not as loud. But whatever the reason she is tired!

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"