Breastfeeding
Options

Success!

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to drop by and update everyone on our story.  This was my initial post on this board:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68226682.aspx

H and I had agreed that we would keep up that charade until DD was 12 weeks old.  At 10 weeks, I just decided that, well, we only had 2 weeks left, and I was going to really try and see if DD could learn to latch.  I tried several times per day, and she finally learned how to latch and feed at the breast.  It wasn't without pain or cracked/bleeding nipples for a few days, but we've been EBF for over 2 weeks now.  My nipples have healed, and I can honestly say that this is sooooo much easier and less painful than EP'ing.  I am so happy that it worked out, and my new goal is to BF until 6 months.  I will have to start pumping again eventually, but I am really enjoying my time with DD now. 

So, for every mom out there that is struggling with BF'ing, just know that it can be successful, even if it takes a really long time and you have to pump and supplement for a few weeks.  The last LC I saw said that DD would just "get it" eventually, and she did!  I'm so happy I kept trying.

We, we like to party.

Re: Success!

• Options
    That is awesome news!!! I'm happy it worked for you and you were able to work through it!! Congrats!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"