December 2011 Moms

During pregnancy: which rules did you break??

I ate runny yolked eggs

I drank a lot (on a cruise) up to a few days before the positive test.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: During pregnancy: which rules did you break??

• Ate runny eggs, sushi, and lunch meat.  Drank caffeine and an occasional glass of wine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drank the night before my positive test :S oops! I probably should've tested one day earlier.

I ate sandwich meat. I tried to heat it before eating it, supposedly that kills bacteria, but I forgot most of the time.

I also drank caffeine. 

• Loading the player...
  • I also had a cup of coffee per day.
  • I lifted weights at a competitive level until the 28th week then I started to lay off because of the "Big C" causing problems and pain...  Man, you wouldn't believe how many people get uptight about a PG woman exercising!!! (I think week 32 or 34 was my last real training session...)

From there - lunch meat, runny eggs..  and laid on my back until the only way I could sleep is in a recliner...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Soda. I cut down a lot but I still drank 35-40oz of soda a day. All with caffeine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Drank caffeine too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Slept on my belly until about 18 weeks. Drank caffeine daily. Ran up to the day before I gave birth (which isn't really a "rule", just something a LOT of people side eye). Drank one alcoholic drink a week from 18 weeks on. Ate lunch meat regularly (not heated), also ate tuna about once a week. 
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Rode my horse(not one of MY rules but some people seem to think you should stop the MINUTE to get pregnant)

Ate Cold Cuts

Had an occasional glass of wine

• I had a cold lunch meat sandwich once when I was really craving one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Drank coffee and took antidepressants. Though I cut back on both, I couldn't give them up entirely.
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• I had a cup of coffee every morning, had an ocasional lunch meat sandwich, and had wine during my third trimester.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Ate lunch meat

Had the occasional coffee

Very rarely had a diet coke

Did yoga??? My co-workers freaked out me when they found out I was still doing yoga during the last tri.  They said it can send you into labor early... weird..

• My doc basically said everything in moderation...runny eggs, medium steak, sushi at a buffet we trust, exercise which I know is ok but you get some people freaking out about, and I had two beers the night before my BFP cuz I was sure I was about to get my period. I'm sure I ate more sugar than I should've too. I lifted instrument pans at work throughout my pregnancy as well. Probably 30 lbs each. And when I was in a fender bender around 30 weeks I wasn't going to get checked out, but my coworkers had a conniption so I ended up going in and all was well.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ...I didn't even know/realize about the runny eggs until now...Embarrassed

Caffeine was my big rule breaker. I was obsessed with unsweetened iced tea---and it was the only thing that helped with m/s most of the time.

I had lunch meat once....right around my BFP---I threw it up before I finished the sandwich. I might never eat lunch meat again. 

My big one---I didn't take my prenatal....flame away if you must. They never stayed down long enough to dissolve....regular, gummy, Flintstones---it didn't matter.   

PP---I was told to take it easy on stairs---I totally didn't. I was told not to lift anything---I totally did. 

• I don't think drinking before you know you're pregnant counts as breaking a rule :)

I drank caffeine daily in the 2nd and 3rd tri (I tried to cut it out and did well in the 1st tri, but it didn't last).  I also had lunch meat (not heated) quite regularly.

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• imageMrsT2008:
    I don't think drinking before you know you're pregnant counts as breaking a rule :nbsp;
    I suppose... unless you are in month 7 and haven't clued in....
  • imageCountingUp:
    imageMrsT2008:
    I don't think drinking before you know you're pregnant counts as breaking a rule :nbsp;
    I suppose... unless you are in month 7 and haven't clued in....

haha well that's true!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• imagechantico23:
    Ate runny eggs, sushi, and lunch meat.  Drank caffeine and an occasional glass of wine.

All of this and then add to this less than well done steak/burgers, and lifting (had a 30 lb toddler had to.)

Basically with both kids but especially ds2 i was very much about moderation in everything. I maybe had like three or four half glasses of wine the whole pregnancy.  

• Drank Caffeine

Slept on my stomach until 24wks

Ate lunch meat unheated

Put a perm in my hair

• Drank way too much caffeine.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I drank coffee throughout my pregnancy

Ate lunch meat

Ate runny eggs