Cloth Diapering
Options

Bum genius hybrid shells--I mean gpants hybrid shells

Idoes anyone know if the shells can be used in combination with prefold diapers. Do I need to use the plastic lining with it. I was thinking of using this system as a newborn system then moving to pocket diapers...I don't know where I can find covers in stores....and this seems to be the next best thing(if it works)

Sorry everyone I went to the store and looked at the CD I was talking about. they are gpants(not bum genuis) the gpants have a cloth outer shell(unlined in themselves) then a plastic liner is hooked into the cloth then on top of that you put a biodegradable liner. I read the package size small fits weights 8-16 lbs and they can be used with some sort of cloth liner instead of the biodegradable liner...I'm not sure about those... 

IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: Bum genius hybrid shells--I mean gpants hybrid shells

• Options
    Would it be best to get the os pockets and wrap an extra prefold for size adjustment/extra absorbancy?
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options

imagelookame3639:
    Would it be best to get the os pockets and wrap an extra prefold for size adjustment/extra absorbancy?

Wrapping a prefold won't change the size.  You can use prefolds with flip covers--but they won't fit a newborn, they are the same size as the OS 4.0's. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have used the Tiny gPants and the Small gPants with prefolds since my baby was born. They are my favorite day-time diaper. I will say, though, the Tiny gPants (for newborns) are tiny. They only fit my baby for 3-4 weeks. (She was almost 8.5 lbs when born.) If I were to do it again, I'd skip the Tiny gPants and just go immediately to the smalls.
  • Options

imageRhianna1981:
    I have used the Tiny gPants and the Small gPants with prefolds since my baby was born. They are my favorite day-time diaper. I will say, though, the Tiny gPants (for newborns) are tiny. They only fit my baby for 3-4 weeks. (She was almost 8.5 lbs when born.) If I were to do it again, I'd skip the Tiny gPants and just go immediately to the smalls.

Ok so this is an option. I wasn't sure. I am thinking for newborn trying the gpants covers and also buying the try it kit from cottonbabies.com. and also buying a couple of alva newborn pockets, I also have one newborn AIO(which I am a tad iffy on...seems like newborns do better with prefolds and covers than AIO and pockets...). As it is now I'm stashing away a couple of bum genius os. I'm still debating on other OS options...

IAmPregnant Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"