November 2011 Moms

success!!!!

Yesterday we finished our last container of formula in the morning and went straight to whole.milk and put the bottles away! She is doing great and I couldn't be happier! Her first sip she wasn't sure about but now this morning she likes it even more. Now I just need to go buy more sippy cups because 3 just isn't enough!
No point to this just really excited.......even though this really means my "baby" is not a "baby" anymore :/

Re: success!!!!

• We also just recently made the milk switch and it feels so weird going to the store not buying formula! Don't get me wrong, it's very very nice but weird!

I did have a very hard time realizing how big he is now. If he wasn't so adorable and fun I would probably cry!

• LO is almost 11 months and I was wondering how to make that switch? Did you just do it cold turkey or ease your way to whole milk?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegina2433:
    LO is almost 11 months and I was wondering how to make that switch? Did you just do it cold turkey or ease your way to whole milk?

We just switched cold turkey but I do warm it up in the microwave for 10 seconds.
  • imagegina2433:
    LO is almost 11 months and I was wondering how to make that switch? Did you just do it cold turkey or ease your way to whole milk?

We switched cold turkey.  He had had plenty of dairy products so I wasn't too worried about the effect (there wasn't one).

Also, we give it straight out of the fridge.

• imagegrimmeaa:
    imagegina2433:
    We just switched cold turkey but I do warm it up in the microwave for 10 seconds.

Any reason you switched at 10 months? Lo will be 11 months this week. Our pedi. said 11.5 months.   i was planning 2 more weeks. Lo has been 75%bm and 25% formula. Freezer stash was emptied this week and now he is formula by day and nursing am/pm. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• The reason we switched a week before 11 months was because she has been on enfamil added rice formula since 2 months and hearing all the talk about arsenic being on rice it scared us. Also she is an awesome eater so we know she doesn't need all the formula if we can replace those calories with healthy food.
  • imagegrimmeaa:
    The reason we switched a week before 11 months was because she has been on enfamil added rice formula since 2 months and hearing all the talk about arsenic being on rice it scared us. Also she is an awesome eater so we know she doesn't need all the formula if we can replace those calories with healthy food.

I understand. How much milk does she take? Lo nur$es am/pm.He still takes bottles 6oz every 3 hours. If he eats a bunch for breakfast and has a good lunch he can go 5 hours. Yesterday he had  nursed at 545am bottle at 1045am, would take the 2:30(took half) and then again at 7pm nursed. He took 7oz before bed at 8:30....slept till 6:30am 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• I dropped her down to 20oz about two months ago. So now with.milk shell drink half a sip cup with breakfast 5oz, some before nap and after nap so 10oz total and then another sippy with a snack before bed. She has yet to finish her night time sippy but she will get there. As long as I give her a morning snack and an afternoon one shes happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"