2nd Trimester

Flu shot

Does my ob give me the flu shot or do I get it somewhere else?

Re: Flu shot

• I am sure you can get it at your OB's office, I have heard people getting at CVS or Walgreens. My school gives them, but I want to ask my OB if I can get it there. I have heard people talking about a specific kind?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB asked me yesterday if I wanted it. You should be able to get it from your OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • You can get it anywhere that offers it, as long as it's the shot (not the mist) and it's preservative-free.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My OB started giving them last week so I got it at my last appointment.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I would think that they would, and honestly I would rather get mine from my OB than from a place like CVS or Walgreens... or other non hospitals... just because I can't really trust that they keep as much of a clean environment of your OB department would be. Plus you're not in line with everyone else who didn't get the memo that you can not get the flu shot when you're sick. So you won't have someone not covering their mouth when that hack and cough everywhere.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Probably a good question for your OB :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My OB offers it, but my work is giving them for free in a couple weeks, so I'll probably get it then. DH's work offers them at a discount, like $12. It seems like a lot of employers do this, so you may actually want to check with your work.

My OB and pedi recommend the pertussis vaccine (whooping cough) as well, but my OB does not offer it, so I'll get that through Walgreens. I'm pretty sure my insurance plan covers the vaccine, but I know DH's does not. Walgreens, at least my local Walgreens, quoted me $66 without insurance, which isn't too bad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• As long as you don't get the live vaccine you are good
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imagebearkatjen:

My OB offers it, but my work is giving them for free in a couple weeks, so I'll probably get it then. DH's work offers them at a discount, like $12. It seems like a lot of employers do this, so you may actually want to check with your work.

My OB and pedi recommend the pertussis vaccine (whooping cough) as well, but my OB does not offer it, so I'll get that through Walgreens. I'm pretty sure my insurance plan covers the vaccine, but I know DH's does not. Walgreens, at least my local Walgreens, quoted me $66 without insurance, which isn't too bad.

When pregnant with DS, I was told to wait to get teh pertussis vaccine until after I delivered. I don't remember why but it is worth looking into. DH was told to get it before the baby was born. We are both still covered for this little one.

• imageAnne Mommy:
    imagebearkatjen:

My OB offers it, but my work is giving them for free in a couple weeks, so I'll probably get it then. DH's work offers them at a discount, like $12. It seems like a lot of employers do this, so you may actually want to check with your work.

When pregnant with DS, I was told to wait to get teh pertussis vaccine until after I delivered. I don't remember why but it is worth looking into. DH was told to get it before the baby was born. We are both still covered for this little one.

My OB prefers third tri, but said it was fine after 20 weeks. She and my pedi both encourage it during pregnancy so antibodies; are passed on to the infant.

Here are the guidelines from March of Dimes and the CDC:

https://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/prenatalcare_vaccinations.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm#tdap 

• imagebearkatjen:
    imageAnne Mommy:
    imagebearkatjen:

My OB prefers third tri, but said it was fine after 20 weeks. She and my pedi both encourage it during pregnancy so antibodies; are passed on to the infant.

Here are the guidelines from March of Dimes and the CDC:

https://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/prenatalcare_vaccinations.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm#tdap 

Yes, they changed the recommendations recently.  I know when I was pregnant with DD 2+ years ago it was not approved for pregnant women, because I asked and was told I had to wait.  Now they are saying it's fine though. 

• I got preservative free from Walgreens, you just have to ask for it.  
  • I got it in my OB's office last time around.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• You can get it anywhere that offers them.  DH and I got ours at our son's pediatrician's office when he got his.  Easy to do them all in one place.
  • Target Clinic is also offering the preservative free flu shot!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"