December 2011 Moms

Compliments to DH

This last week (Sunday - Friday) I was in NYC for work.  This is the second time I've gone away for work this year, and the first time DH called his mom to come help him (DD was 7 mos old)

This time he did it all by himself, with the exception of one night having dinner with my mom who gave DD a bath.

He did it all, everything I normally do.  When I came home he said, I'm on vacation now that you are home.  I responded with "well I thought you doing this you'd have a better appreciation for what I do and help me out a little more."  His response was, "I do have a better appreciation, but you can pick up where you left off, I just won't be such a baby about things anymore, actually I won't be a baby at all, this is tough!"

Not to mention he's got DD going down and sleeping all through the night, she is standing on her own better and for the first time EVER (with out being upset and crying) DD said Mama... it made me cry.  She changed so much in 1 week.  I hate leaving for work.  But it was fantastic to come home and spend the evening with my family.  It was also pretty fantastic to get up at 7 instead of 5.

I totally appreciate my DH and am glad I'm home with him and Josephine.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Compliments to DH

• Whew...my husband definitely could not handle it on his own. He's worn out when he's on duty for just a few hours. And, yes, you'd think they would have a better appreciation and try to help out more but, NO, somehow when Momma is around Momma must do most everything. lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's great that your DH did it all so well on his own! I would hate being away for so long, too, but it sounds like you at least got some good sleep in! :-) 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"