January 2013 Moms

I may be over reacting, but...

Ok, I dont know if I'm going to sounds nuts but I figured I could get some answers.  I went to the nail salon today, which I never do but once a year, and part way through I can smell the typical nail salon fumes.  Is it going to be very harmful to my baby?  I was only in the place for 30 minutes but I am paranoid, even though this is my second, I never had my nails done with the first.

Re: I may be over reacting, but...

• As long as it was well ventilated (which I would be shocked if it were not) I wouldn't worry at all.  Think about the types of working conditions many women are in while pregnant, 30 minutes in a nail salon should not cause any harm. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Was this one of those places where they put the nails on you or just a mani/pedi place? I always get gagged up by the fake nail places even not pregnant, so I can't imagine sitting in one ever. Plus, the nail techs always wear masks, that can't be a good sign, lol. I've been in a mani/pedi place a few times. Well ventilated and they use safe polish, so I didn't let the smells worry me.
  • Loading the player...
  • One of the things my OB made a point to talk about at my first appt was manis/pedis. I guess she was getting the question a lot. She said it is perfectly safe as long as the room is well ventilated. I have been twice this pregnancy with no issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"