Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Both girls have hand, foot, mouth!

Suggestions on keeping them comfortable? They spiked fevers yesterday, broke out in rash today... how much longer did it last for you if your child experienced it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Both girls have hand, foot, mouth!

• your biggest thing is keeping them hydrated.  Motrin works better than tylenol and lasts longer if your dr. is okay with them using that.

If they can handle the cold ice pops are good, also watermelon doesn't seem to bother them and it helps hydrate also.

stay away from salt and acids like orange juice, etc.

My older daughter had it twice very, very badly and ended up hospitalized, but she had it the worst the dr. ever saw it.  She was sick for two weeks.

My youngest just had it and is now a week out and her sores are basically gone.  The fever lasted two days for her and the sores were bad for about two or three days.   

Just make sure they are hydrated and stay on top of giving them meds. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Both my kids had it a few weeks ago.  Give motrin around the clock and watch their intake.  They can have a poor appetite, but they can get dehydrated quickly.  They ate a lot of popsicles.  My husband ended up catching it as well.  He was off work for a week and said it was extremely painful and itchy.  It lasted about a good week and a half for everyone before it started to clear up.  Hope they feel better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"